Windows 10: Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect

Discus and support Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can someone please help me Can not start itunes upon double click to run error message Using Latest Windows 10 64 bit useActivation context... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ALMIECZAKOWSKI, Aug 21, 2020.

1. Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect

Can someone please help me

Can not start itunes upon double click to run

error message

Using Latest Windows 10 64 bit useActivation context generation failed for "C:\Users\miecz\Downloads\iTunes64Setup1.exe".Error in manifest or policy file "C:\Users\miecz\Downloads\iTunes64Setup1.exe" on line 0. Invalid Xml syntax.

Also noticed in control panel x86 Visual C++ does not match regedit

regedit has 9.0.3072939625 is not in control panel

Not sure if this has anything to cause this problem.

:)

ALMIECZAKOWSKI, Aug 21, 2020

2. when starting chrome i get a message .. the application has failed to start because its side by side config is incorrect ..

when starting chrome i get a message .. the application has failed to start because its side by side config is incorrect .. see the app in event log or use command line sxstrace.exe tool. How do i do this

paulcallan1, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Application failed to start because its side-by-side configuriation is incorrect

Hi,

The error message “Application failed to start because its side by side configuration is incorrect” appears when there is a conflict with some of the files while launching an application. To best address your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which Windows 10 build are you using? Click here for instruction on how to find your Windows 10 build.
    • Which application are you trying to open?
    • Is the issue happening when you’re trying to open all applications, or is it limited to a specific application?
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect

The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect Windows 10

Avast Premier will not load and they say that the recent windows 10 update has caused the problem. Windows settings need adjustment and I am 86 years old and need assistance in resetting these. Please make it SIMPLE and step by step.

LeonardMaycock, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect

1. Application failed to start because side by side config incorrect - Similar Threads - Application failed start

2. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: I've tried to start an .exe file and received the following message: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please assist. The file is for an older PC game, and I would really like to start playing it. How do I fix this...
  3. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect: I've tried to start an .exe file and received the following message: The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect. Please assist. The file is for an older PC game, and I would really like to start playing it. How do I fix this...
  4. The application failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect when...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The application failed to start because it's side-by-side configuration is incorrect when...: I'm using Python with the web scraper library BeautifulSoup4. When i try to use the requests_html library in python like:url = "https://suranalogo.cl/pelicula-b/n-35mm"s = HTMLSessionr = s.geturlr.html.renderfrom HTMLSession i got the following error: Traceback most recent...
  5. Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect: hello i wanted to play some games then a error came in it say Side By Side Application Has Failed To Start Because Its Side By Side Is Incorrect i try to get visual c++ but when i press it it gave me the same message so please i need help...
  6. The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...

The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect...: Hi all, Really struggling to understand how I can fix my pc. Several apps now fail with the message "The application has failed to start because the side by side configuration is incorrect", including the media creation tool. I was getting by without certain apps, but...
  7. Application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect

Application failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect: This error appears when I try to run any kind of .exe or .pdf file so far from what I've come across, these two seem to be the only file types affected. I know that installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable is a common fix to this issue, but I can't run the .exe file...
  8. "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...

"The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...: Hello, I've tried to download an older version of Roblox, a brickbuilding game, but when I try to launch it, the same error as the one in the title always shows up. I have tried checking the Event Viewer only to find nothing related to the error. I've also installed every...
  9. "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect."...: Hello, I've tried to download an older version of Roblox, a brickbuilding game, but when I try to launch it, the same error as the one in the title always shows up. I have tried checking the Event Viewer only to find nothing related to the error. I've also installed every...
  10. The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect: All my installed programs won't open and any new installation including the visual c++ would not install. they all respond with the "The application has failed to start because the side-by-side configuration is incorrect". Please I need assiastance on how toresolve this...