Windows 10: Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

Discus and support Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, hope my description below is useful. thanks in advance to any/all responders.The Issue:We have 3 apps running in parallel, 2 are GPU intensive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Luke Johnson l.johnson, May 24, 2022.

1. Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

Hello, hope my description below is useful. thanks in advance to any/all responders.The Issue:We have 3 apps running in parallel, 2 are GPU intensive applications and one is CPU intensive only, for clarity ill call these CPUAPP1, GPUAPP1 and GPUAPP2. These apps are all required to be run simultaneously and we take great care in PC specification such that a given machine has an appropriate specification to support this. This is not a PC specification issueWhat we see is the following. If GPUAPP1 is in focus, its frame rate is good enough but GPUAPP2 frame rate isnt. Switch focus to GPUAPP2 and

:)

Luke Johnson l.johnson, May 24, 2022
  2. nchaumont Win User

Preventing GPU-bound application frame rate to drop when window is out of focus

I'm trying to run 2 instances of the same GPU-bound application (OpenPose 1.5.1) on a relatively high-end system and I need each instance to run at the same speed. However, the performance varies greatly whether an instance is in focus or not. Here are the numbers (frame rate) I observed running 2 instances at a time:

• one on focus: ~21fps
    • one out of focus: ~4fps
    • both out of focus: ~11fps

Here is my configuration:

• CPU: Intel I9-7920X@2.9GHz
    • RAM: 64GB
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080Ti
    • CUDA 10.1/CUDNN 7.6.3.30
    • Nvidia Driver 436.48 (release date 10/01/2019)
    • OpenPose 1.5.1
    • OpenCV 4.1.1
    • python 3.6.8
    • Video source: 2 USB cameras, 1920x1080 @ 30fps

Clicking on a window to bring it in focus used to not change its frame rate, but somehow it now does. The previous config I had (that worked) differed from the above setup as follows:

• GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti
    • CUDA 8/CUDNN 7.2.1
    • Nvidia Driver 430.xx
    • OpenPose 1.4
    • OpenCV 3.10

I think the solution might have something to do with the OS or the driver. Is there a way to have both instances run at the same speed regardless of whether they're in focus or not? Thank you in advance!

nchaumont, May 24, 2022
  3. rluks Win User
    Preventing applications from stealing focus in Windows 10

There is a dated question asking for a solution for windows 7. I have recently grew tired of newly launched applications to steal focus from my currently opened window. Is there a way how to prevent programs from stealing focus in Windows 10?

Thank you

rluks, May 24, 2022
  4. michael Win User

Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

Hi Guys,

Please suggest me best Audio Video Syncing application.

I have created one animation with few frames and the i have adjusted the movement of those frames as per audio bit which I had connected to my ears while making that animation. but now I want to sync that animation video with audio file. I did that with virtual dub software as well but somewhere in video the frames left behind the audio.

Please give me proper suggestion of application which can do that.

Thanks
    micheal.

michael, May 24, 2022
Thema:

Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

1. Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this? - Similar Threads - Application focus having

2. Application Frame Host not responding.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Frame Host not responding.: Error described as full screen applications turning black, then not responding requiring restart. has shown with: Minecraft through Microsoft client, Subnautica, Ghostwire Tokyo, Raft, Superhot: Mind Control Delete, and Slime Rancher, all through Steam client.Error identified...
  3. Application Frame Host not responding.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Frame Host not responding.: Error described as full screen applications turning black, then not responding requiring restart. has shown with: Minecraft through Microsoft client, Subnautica, Ghostwire Tokyo, Raft, Superhot: Mind Control Delete, and Slime Rancher, all through Steam client.Error identified...
  4. Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?: Hello, hope my description below is useful. thanks in advance to any/all responders.The Issue:We have 3 apps running in parallel, 2 are GPU intensive applications and one is CPU intensive only, for clarity ill call these CPUAPP1, GPUAPP1 and GPUAPP2. These apps are all...
  5. Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application focus having a significant effect on application frame rate. How do I prevent this?: Hello, hope my description below is useful. thanks in advance to any/all responders.The Issue:We have 3 apps running in parallel, 2 are GPU intensive applications and one is CPU intensive only, for clarity ill call these CPUAPP1, GPUAPP1 and GPUAPP2. These apps are all...
  6. frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  7. frame rate

frame rate: I kindly ask you a question about frame rate of streaming movies with the os win11. As you know ex. on Prime video or Netflix or Disney+, some movies are played at 24hz, 23hz and some others at 50hz. Every time I have to select manually the correct frame rate in the setting....
  8. Application Frame Host "not responding"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Frame Host "not responding": When I pull up task manager Application Frame Host "not responding" is displayed. What is this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-frame-host-not-responding/b92becd6-56ef-40e9-9f42-4209486743d6
  9. How do I safely prevent applications stealing focus?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I safely prevent applications stealing focus?: For example, when I want to load Space Engineers game in the background and tab out of it so it can load while I'm browsing the internet, the window automatically switches to the game, expected, but then repeatedly switches back to it when I'm trying to get it to load in the...
  10. Frame rate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frame rate: I have a strange problem. problems I have playing Battlefield 4 sometimes the computer will buzz and then blue screen and sometimes it will buzz and I just lose sound, also playing Star Wars Battlefront frame rates will drop to 12 I can double-click the Windows button on the...