Windows 10: Application force close other apps running in the background

Discus and support Application force close other apps running in the background in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Max0786, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Max0786 Win User

Application force close other apps running in the background

I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is still visible on the desktop and If I again try to open any other application it opens but suddenly close. I think any solution to this problem?

:)

Max0786, Jun 8, 2020

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    2. Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Khush_435 Win User

Windows 10 Applications Force Closing

• Did you receive any error message? - No, just force closes, so I have to manually start the app again
    • Did you install any third party security application? I have McAfee BT NetProtect Plus (it comes as a free download from my internet provider, which is BT)
    • Is the issue specific to mail and calendar app? - No, all Microsoft Apps from time-to-time, sometimes Windows App Store also force closes, but its mainly Calendar and Mail
    Also i tried the troubleshooter and no errors were found.

Khush_435, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Application force close other apps running in the background - Similar Threads - Application force close

2. About closing an running app in background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    About closing an running app in background: Hello , I am vishal , and I am living in India , I have a doubt , A month ago , I downloaded java jdk application which is used for programming , and while I was setting up the...
  3. Application running as a background process.

Application running as a background process.: I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to run the program, no window opens. When I open the task manager, it is taking up significant CPU and memory running as a...
  4. close program running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    close program running in background: when I shut down, where is always a program running https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/close-program-running-in-background/3f614455-a691-49db-ab18-65981ea0cd5f
  5. Application force close other apps running in the background

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Application force close other apps running in the background: I am using an organisation's video streaming application, after opening that application when I start watching any video all the apps running in background example chrome or any other software force close, even if I minimise the video streaming application my username is...
  6. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  7. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  8. Apps Running in Background

Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  9. Photos and other applications running in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos and other applications running in the background: Photos app doesn't stop running on the background even after setting as not permitted to run in the background. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-photos/photos-and-other-applications-running-in-the/9e8f53ed-9f11-47ba-b648-2e4aa92f622e
  10. Apps running in Background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...