Windows 10: Application getting deleted after System restore

Discus and support Application getting deleted after System restore in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an app we created with a folder and executable file. Every time I run system restore to an earlier date it removes them. How can I prevent this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BobWing, Jan 13, 2019.

1. BobWing Win User

Application getting deleted after System restore

I have an app we created with a folder and executable file. Every time I run system restore to an earlier date it removes them. How can I prevent this? Is there any cmd instructions to tell restore not to remove that folder or a white list for system restore? Please help!

***Modified Title form: System restore keeps deleting my app executable and folder. How can I prevent that?***

:)

BobWing, Jan 13, 2019

2. System Restore Error 0x81000203

Good day,

We can see here that you are having issues performing system restore on your computer. Having said that, we need to determine the cause of this problem. Before we proceed, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Are you getting any error messages when trying to perform system restore? If so, can you send us a screenshot?
      Note: Please do not include any personal information.
    • Have you performed all the suggested troubleshooting steps found on this thread?

Desiree Yau, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Windows 10 system image restore points unable to delete

Have deleted system image backups using the windows 10 suggested method. But 2 system image rstore points are still listed under other backups. Have tried all the suggested methods on the net and from the microsoft community, but the system image restore
    points remain. Even after deleting all but the last normal restore points. I guess I can just ignore them. Would appreciate any advice as nothing seems to remove them.

Aquarius 2015, Jan 13, 2019
  4. trog69 Win User

I am getting very frustrated with gpu-z

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone.

I have been trying to delete this program for 2 days solid. I've gone into the Admin. Tools>Startup, I've tried the Norton Start up list, I've combed all through the hard drive, but it is not there. It is in the registry, but it will NOT DELETE! I can't believe this. Not even deletion through the registry can take this thing off my system. I'm gonna try a restore, because that's about the only thing I haven't tried yet. But if it can't be deleted through the registry, I'm not that hopeful for Restore to affect it. I'll post my results.

trog69, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Application getting deleted after System restore - Similar Threads - Application getting deleted

2. System restore not detecting backups after deleting WOW6432

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System restore not detecting backups after deleting WOW6432: Hi all,I can imagine you know where this question is going, but I'm slightly panicking right now. I accidentally deleted wow6432 in my registry, and now my boot screen seems to automatically BSOD after showing the HP logo.Thankfully I was able to boot into f8 menu, but it...
  3. System restore not detecting backups after deleting WOW6432

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore not detecting backups after deleting WOW6432: Hi all,I can imagine you know where this question is going, but I'm slightly panicking right now. I accidentally deleted wow6432 in my registry, and now my boot screen seems to automatically BSOD after showing the HP logo.Thankfully I was able to boot into f8 menu, but it...
  4. System restore not detecting backups after deleting WOW6432

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  6. File recovery after shift + delete and system restore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    File recovery after shift + delete and system restore: Hi I mistakenly shifted + deleted a folder on drive C. This folder contained Word files. I then restored the system and checked with various software to restore them. It was not successful. I ran the restore system again and moved it forward. Exactly when the files were...
  7. Applications are not opening after system restore...

Applications are not opening after system restore...: Hi there,Applications are not opening after system restore it is just loading loading and keep one Like Notion when I opened the it is loading.....
  8. Get back programs after system restore

Get back programs after system restore: How do I get back my programs after a system restore? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-back-programs-after-system-restore/45d52eab-c509-4a05-8292-4ff039d5d799
  9. Unresponsive applications after System Restore

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive applications after System Restore: Good day! I did a system restore last February 3 with my Acer Nitro 5 Model AN515-43-R6DJ because a verified third party application downloaded from a secure source failed to launch after the said application's update failed midway. After reinstalling the third-party app,...
  10. System restore point got deleted after failed restore attempt

System restore point got deleted after failed restore attempt: Hi. OS: Windows 10 (I believe it's Educational version) 1903 - with all updates available. Here's what happened: I started System Restore to a point from few hours ago (installed an app that messed up my env vars - whatever...) It all looked fine, PC rebooted and was...