Windows 10: Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

Discus and support Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! I have the weirdest problem right now. I've set Application Guard to not delete the content of the sandbox, yet when I restart everything is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Safe_Airport, Nov 12, 2020.

1. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

Hello! I have the weirdest problem right now. I've set Application Guard to not delete the content of the sandbox, yet when I restart everything is deleted anyway.

Anyone with the same problem?

submitted by /u/Safe_Airport
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Safe_Airport, Nov 12, 2020

2. Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard

I'm using Windows 10 Pro N and this just isn't working for me. I've enabled it, restarted my computer, opened Edge in Application Guard and logged into my account on a website. A restart later and I'm logged out.

Edge specifically tells me no history will be stored if I press ctrl+H in the browser.

Is this an Enterprise-only feature?

Battleroyale, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Windows Defender Application Guard settings

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you have some queries on WDAG that you are implementing in your enterprise network.

We would like you to check these articles on WDAG, which will clarify the queries:

Windows Defender Application Guard overview

System requirements for Windows Defender Application Guard

Configure Windows Defender Application Guard policy
    settings

Frequently asked questions - Windows Defender Application
    Guard

If you have any further query on WDAG, I would suggest you to post your query in

TechNet Forums
    where you will find professionals with expertise on WDAG for Enterprise network and that would be the appropriate forum.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects.

Control Flow Guard

I read that CFG is enabled by default in Windows 10 but it is not enabled in my application. I found another way to enable CFG for my application by enabling strict CFG in the Windows Security Center. But I encountered the following error:

"The specified image file was blocked from loading because it does not enable a feature required by the process: Control Flow Guard"

Is there any other way to enable CFG manually?

HariharanSreenivas, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled

1. Application Guard resets on computer restart even with retain setting enabled - Similar Threads - Application Guard resets

2. WDAG - Application Guard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WDAG - Application Guard: Hello, We are seeing performance problems on boot and usage of skype on several thousand machines running application guard. The CPU on a cold boot on gen 8 i5, ssd, 8 gig of ram lasts around two minutes and along with all the other services starting impacts the initial...
  3. Notification settings per application not being retained

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification settings per application not being retained: Windows 10 Home 1909 (18363.657) I've seen other mentions of this all around the web but no working solutions: Some of my App Notification settings are not being retained. Specifically, I use an old (non-Store) but just-what-I-need reminder program (Kana Reminder) and it...
  4. Windows Defender Application Guard settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Application Guard settings: Hello Team, Kindly let me know few details about Windows Defender Application Guard. 1. When WDAG is implemented in a Company Enterprise Network, Chrome and firefox extension should be added. Let me know whether end user will be able to disable the WDAG extension by...
  5. Windows Defender Application Guard

Windows Defender Application Guard: I found the instructions for installing and setting up Application Guard using GPO. We have moved our entire infrastructure to Microsoft 365 in the cloud so how do you set up Application Guard using Intune policies?...
  6. Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.

Control Flow Guard (CFG) not enabled in C# application.: I used Process Explorer to check if CFG is enabled in my C# application. CFG was disabled. I found only a Microsoft document on how to enable CFG in Visual Studio 2015. But that was only for C/C++ projects. Control Flow Guard I read that CFG is enabled by default in...
  7. Windows Defender Application Guard?

Windows Defender Application Guard?: I noticed a setting to enable Windows Defender Application Guard in Edge but can't find discussion of it on the forum. Has anyone used this feature and found it useful? 128727
  8. Windows Application Guard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Application Guard: Windows Application Guard is on my Windows Features but its greyed out . I turned on Hyper -V but its made no difference . Hasn't it been rolled out to the public yet...
  9. Numlock retains settings on restart

in Windows 10 Support
    Numlock retains settings on restart: Hi, I tried searching and didn't find anything about this, but it's highly likely that this has already been brought up. What gives with the numlock setting resetting every time you restart with Win10? This never occurred with any other version of Windows (at least not to my...
  10. Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard: How to: Enable Data Persistence for Microsoft Edge in Application Guard Enable Microsoft Edge Data Persistence with Windows Defender Application Guard in Windows 10 Microsoft Edge is a new web browser that is available across the Windows 10 device family. It is designed...