Windows 10: Application icons are all gone.

Discus and support Application icons are all gone. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My english is really broke, but i'll still try to explain this. So, suddenly, almost all of my icons are gone, they're just blank. But here's the thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by uhwow, Apr 15, 2021.

1. uhwow Win User

Application icons are all gone.

[COLOR=rgba74, 74, 80, 1]My english is really broke, but i'll still try to explain this. So, suddenly, almost all of my icons are gone, they're just blank. But here's the thing - when i pin whatever app to the taskbar, and then unpin it, it somehow brings app icon back. Here's the example: [/COLOR]https://streamable.com/xu6eek

:)

uhwow, Apr 15, 2021

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Apr 15, 2021
  3. cortana notebook icon gone

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue.  

The above issue may occur due to improper application settings set on the PC.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if the issues fixes.

Method 1: In order to enable the Notebook icon in
    Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

• To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:
    • Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Reference: Why is Cortana not available for me on Windows 10?

Method 2: No microphone icon showing in Cortana.

You does not see a microphone on launching Cortana because the settings is turned off in your profile. Turning Cortana settings on will show the microphone icon in your user account.

To turn on the Cortana settings, follow steps from Hey Cortana! Section of the link below and check if the changes are effective.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-what-is-cortana

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query regarding windows, we would assist you happily.

Thank you.

Vidyashree_C, Apr 15, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

some application menus not displayed in windows 10

Hi Vijay,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Are referring any application when you say fn menu?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check smart audio is listed under icons appear on task bar.

• On system tray right click on date and time

• Click on customize notification icon

• Click on Select which icons appear on task bar

• And see if you are able to see Conexant smart audio
    Let us know if it helps. If the issue persists, reply, we will be happy to assist you further.

Arul_D, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Application icons are all gone. - Similar Threads - Application icons are

2. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    all icons gone except for in taskbar: I would like to start with, No it is not the xp design that has caused this problem. I have had it for years and it has never done this before. I am still running windows 10. all the icons are gone. nothing much more to add.Also I looked at this thread of a guy with the same...
  3. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    all icons gone except for in taskbar: I would like to start with, No it is not the xp design that has caused this problem. I have had it for years and it has never done this before. I am still running windows 10. all the icons are gone. nothing much more to add.Also I looked at this thread of a guy with the same...
  4. all icons gone except for in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Help!!! All my *Icons* are gone!: Help! All of my icons are gone after I uninstalled a software called IObit :All icons on my desktop, taskbar and file explorer are just gone.here is what they look like.TaskbarWindows file explorerDesktopI also changed my visual settings for best performance, so everything is...
  6. ALL taskbar icons are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ALL taskbar icons are gone: [ATTACH] Ive tried basically everything that the internet has told me, scanned for malware, deleted iconcache.db and restarted, etc etc. https://preview.redd.it/fe4fw9tnkl261.png?width=1919&format=png&auto=webp&s=429d446858f1612def4f809f2de56e6011376307 submitted by...
  7. Help! all icons on pc are gone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! all icons on pc are gone: i installed a new gpu today and everything was working perfectly, but when I restarted my pc all the icons don't show. The apps are still there but the icons are not. I cleared the iconcache with cmd and normally and did the scan on cmd to find corrupt files but nothing is...
  8. Normal Desktop Icons all gone

in Windows 10 Customization
    Normal Desktop Icons all gone: My Windows 10 Desktop suddenly doesn't show my usual icons--I had personalized it with links I use often. Now, it only shows my background photo and icons i'm not familiar with. Am I in a different mode that I don't realize? It doesn't show any browser options ??? and...
  9. All icons are gone (everywhere)

in Windows 10 Support
    All icons are gone (everywhere): Hi, something really weird happened after I restarted my computer. The icons in my desktop, folders, etc (everywhere) are gone. (see the pictures) [img] [img] I rebooted a bunch of times and even did a system restore but it's still not displaying any of the icons....
  10. Desktop Icons all gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Icons all gone?: I have the latest update of Win 10... Booted computer this morning and all of my desktop icons are gone. Could anyone help me find them? *Smile The desktop now defaults to a Win10 desktop but when I go to "desktop" there is nothing there. All help appreciated. wayne 53950