Windows 10: Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

Discus and support Application Icons missing as a result of system restore. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a system restart a while earlier and now my applications have this default look, nothing in my computer is broken, but it's a bit jarring.help me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TheColonelYuri, Jun 19, 2021.

1. Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

I did a system restart a while earlier and now my applications have this default look, nothing in my computer is broken, but it's a bit jarring.help me fix this.

:)

TheColonelYuri, Jun 19, 2021
  2. Rose Cal Win User

App Icons Missing

Hi Donna,

Corrupted applications are the possible causes why your program icons are missing after an update. To isolate your issue, we'd like to clarify a few things:

• When you hover your mouse over your taskbar or Start menu, are you seeing the icons for your apps?
    • Have you tried searching for a specific app and check if it will appear on the search results?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you repair and reset your applications using the steps shared by Meliton Dec on this

thread
    about restoring missing apps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jun 19, 2021
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    Missing icons / buttons after System Restore

Hi Terrie,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try to undo the restore or pick another restore point.

Please follow these steps to access system restore:

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.
    • Search Control Panel for Recovery.
    • Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jun 19, 2021
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 19, 2021
Thema:

Application Icons missing as a result of system restore.

1. Application Icons missing as a result of system restore. - Similar Threads - Application Icons missing

2. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  3. System Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Icons Missing: Certain system icons are missing form my windows 11 pc. I have tried everything from updating windows to restoring system health but nothing seems to work. Sfc, DISM shows no error.Ps. I don't have any restore...
  4. Missing system restore points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing system restore points: I would like to congratulate the Microsoft techs. After more than two years Microsoft finally fix my disappearing system restore points. Seems KB5008212 in December 2021 seems to have resolved the issue!Thanks, but it should not have taken so long....
  5. icon missing in windows search results

in Cortana
    icon missing in windows search results: hi, when i search for apps that I've installed in windows search, the icon appears missing. this issue only occurs with third party apps, but not pre-installed windows appssuch as photos, weather, this pc please help....
  6. Missing system icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing system icons: After the last update of Windows, my icons, for example the "log out" button, disappeared, the same situation occurs in the power menu, when the "Update and shutdown" and "Restart and update" options appear, refreshing the icon file does not help, it is worth adding that...
  7. Missing application icon

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing application icon: Xbox app logo won’t appear. I had this issue with discord but I was able to uninstall and reinstall and the logo came back. I can still open the application but I can’t run any games through it(it either says “you can’t run this app” or opens and closes immediately). I’ve...
  8. Missing/broken icons in search results

in Cortana
    Missing/broken icons in search results: [ATTACH] Hello community! I am having the problem represented in the annexed image: some program icons are missing/not displayed in the results of the search tab. The problem seems to affect mainly Windows apps office suite, Groove Music, Calculator, Calendar and others, but...
  9. Application Hangs (result in complete system hang)

in Windows 10 Support
    Application Hangs (result in complete system hang): (Not a BSOD related issue) So for some reason after clean installing Windows 10 Pro 1903 I get random application hangs and then my system just hangs entirely and forces me to manually reboot. The only errors that get logged is in Event Viewer which I've saved to a .RAR. My...
  10. Application Hangs (result in complete system hang)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Hangs (result in complete system hang): (Not a BSOD related issue) So for some reason after clean installing Windows 10 Pro 1903 I get random application hangs and then my system just hangs entirely and forces me to manually reboot. The only errors that get logged is in Event Viewer which I've saved to a .RAR. My...