Windows 10: Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Discus and support Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrew Millner, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

I have noticed, that following a recent Windows 10 update, my taskbar no longer shows any pinned application icons like, for example, Windows Media, Microsoft Store, and also when I open an application, for example Microsoft Edge, this does not appear in the taskbar either.

Also I am not able to pin to the taskbar any application icons now.

The taskbar shows Cortana and other icons like date and time, but no Application Icons.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Andrew Millner, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add Windows 7 Taskbar icon GPU freq./temperature/RAM used meter

Please add an option (which will also require an Options/Settings screen however, or else the main menu will be too cluttered) to have the GPU freq., temperature, videoRAM used and/or maybe GPU load shown in the program taskbar icon on Windows 7.
    It could have two options - cycle between modes (for example about each 10 seconds), or always show the same value - for example, GPU temp or load/etc.
    See how Core Temp does this for an example. (WinZIP also shows such a meter when decompressing archives.)

What do you think, could this be useful?

C++ examples here:
    Windows 7 Taskbar Dynamic Overlay Icons and Progress Bars
    http://blogs.windows.com/windows/ar...-dynamic-overlay-icons-and-progress-bars.aspx
    Windows 7 Goodies in C++: Taskbar Progress and Status Indicators
    http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/42345/Windows-7-Goodies-in-C-Taskbar-Progress-and-Status

4. Rose Cal Win User

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

Blank icon on taskbar windows 10

Hi Jirad,

Corrupted system files or application may be one of the possible causes why some icons in your Taskbar is missing. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with the 3 apps you've mention or with other application also?
    • Are you getting any error messages when you tried to click those apps with missing icons in your Taskbar?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps shared by Guru Khan G on this
    thread on how to troubleshoot missing Taskbar icons. This will also help you
    scan for corruption and restore corrupted files/Windows corruptions error.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar

1. Application Icons not showing in Windows 10 Taskbar - Similar Threads - Application Icons showing

2. Icons of pre-installed applications not showing in taskbar [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons of pre-installed applications not showing in taskbar [Windows 11]: For a few days, icons of applications that are pre-installed in windows are not showing on my computer's taskbar. I have tried these fixes till now: Deleting IrisService from registry [reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t...
  3. Icons of pre-installed applications not showing in taskbar [Windows 11]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons of pre-installed applications not showing in taskbar [Windows 11]: For a few days, icons of applications that are pre-installed in windows are not showing on my computer's taskbar. I have tried these fixes till now: Deleting IrisService from registry [reg delete HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\IrisService /f && shutdown -r -t...
  4. Why this icon shows up in the taskbar instead of the correct application icon?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why this icon shows up in the taskbar instead of the correct application icon?: A page like icon appears in the taskbar instead of the correct icon of the application see the image attached for more clarity about the question.This problem occured once previously with VS Code application but was solved soon and I don't remember how it was solved. But...
  5. Applications not showing their icons.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Applications not showing their icons.: Title says it all, for example I will search Minecraft in the Search bar, but it just has the icon for a .png?! submitted by /u/Ozzi905 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hm9swv/applications_not_showing_their_icons/
  6. Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar

Windows 10 Not Showing Open Applications in Taskbar: Hi All, the issue is fairly simple and visible issue, active windows/applications icons are no longer being displayed in the taskbar. It was working before and then stopped despite restarting the computer several times and trying different methods to fix this. This is a...
  7. Windows 10 Taskbar icon not showing

Windows 10 Taskbar icon not showing: Hye My name is Dhaval Patel I am having a problem with the taskbar Icons are not displaying in the task menu in the bottom. Can you tell me how can I fix it. [ATTACH]...
  8. Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications not showing icons in taskbar and previews not showing in File Explorer: I've been having problems for 6+ months and haven't been able to fix this issue. I believe it started after some small update before the big Anniversary update. Some programs are not showing their icons in the taskbar (including the default Mail application, Microsoft Edge,...
  9. Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Applications Some Icons Shows Blank In TaskBar and Search: Hi All, I have tried all of the solutions provided here and elsewhere, none of them seems to make it work. I don't know what triggers its corruption, but i am not able to reset neither fix this app icons this implies to STORE/SETTINGS/MAIL icons. Please find screenshot...
  10. Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Taskbar not showing pinned icons, open applications, etc: [img] Here is a screenshot of my current view. On the taskbar, I can only access the start menu. Clicking on the search opens the pop up but I cannot type anything. All keyboard shortcuts are working. I also can't see my pinned icons, or any of the icons in the bottom...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am not able to see any icons on taskbar

2. task bas showing icon of the application but unable to view it

3. windows 10 taskbar not showing applications

4. taskbar icons not showing windows 10,
  5. windows 10 taskbar not showing icons,
  6. i am not able to see any icon on the taskbar?