Windows 10: Application install .exe files

Discus and support Application install .exe files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pedro Bartolo, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Application install .exe files

Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to try and remember all the programs that I was using, but it was also a pain in the **** to have to go to each website and download the .exe file.My stupid question is, could I have, all this time, just backed up or copy pasted to an external USB thumb drive or hard drive, the downloads folder where all my .exe applications

:)

Pedro Bartolo, Sep 14, 2022

2. Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Since you mentioned that the application worked in a previous version of Windows, we would like to clarify if you attempted to install the application using compatibility mode as was suggested in the previous post? The reason we need to verify if you have
    completed the steps provided is because compatibility mode allows older programs to work in a more recent version of Windows. Also we need the answers to the following questions below:

• Were there any newer versions of the application you're attempting to install that is made for windows 10?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed in the computer?

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Sep 14, 2022
  3. Can't run exe file

Hello Mike,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing in running the .exe file. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• What application are you trying to install?
    • Are you getting any error message when you try to install the application?
    • From where did you download the application?
    Please post to us with ,ore information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 14, 2022
  4. Application install .exe files

Not able to install exe file created in WINDEV application

Hi,

There are different factors that can contribute as to why you are no longer able to install an application that worked in a previous version of Windows. This could be caused by compatibility settings that we need to change or missing update components. For
    us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• What application are you trying to install in Windows 10?
    • Have you checked if there were any newer releases of the application you are trying to install?
    • Which version and build of Windows 10 do you have installed?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that you attempt to install the application using compatibility mode. This will install the program using settings from a previous version of Windows. You can follow the steps that are available through this

link

Jordan Dom, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Application install .exe files

1. Application install .exe files - Similar Threads - Application install exe

2. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  3. can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't install compressed/unpack .exe applications: HI TeamI recently installed windows finding .exe files deleted. How to do go about restoring these programs? These weren't viruses.Other .exe files that I yet to re-install I'm finding that I can't due to the following message:Also, trying another file getting Windows...
  4. problem installing an exe file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem installing an exe file: i had downloaded an old game file, needed to install it, however, the .exe file does not open. computer says "this app cant run in your pc. to find a version for your pc check with your software publisher." how do i solve this?? i tried the troubleshoot, the program doesnt...
  5. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  6. Can't install or download exe application

Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  7. Application install .exe files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  8. Application install .exe files

Application install .exe files: Stupid question.For years of using Windows now, every time I had to switch computers, either because I had to make a reset or because I purchased a new one, I always went online to look for my programs in order to download them again on the new system. Not only did I have to...
  9. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...
  10. What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?

What makes a .exe file a windows "application"?: So I wanted to know, what makes a .exe file be a windows application appear in the applications settings.For example if I make a .exe file, it does not appear in the windows application settings, whereas if I download a game from steam, it does. What I am trying to figure...