Windows 10: Application installed off USB flash drive not showing up on Start menu > All Apps

Discus and support Application installed off USB flash drive not showing up on Start menu > All Apps in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have the program Ccleaner on a USB flash. When I click it, the program installs/runs, but it does not show up on the start menu. I am only able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JD786FM, Jul 26, 2019.

1. JD786FM Win User

Application installed off USB flash drive not showing up on Start menu > All Apps

I have the program Ccleaner on a USB flash. When I click it, the program installs/runs, but it does not show up on the start menu. I am only able to see it when I search the full name and go into file explorer.

Does anyone know how to avoid this? I would like to be able to readily see the icon and run the program, but cannot do it. Thanks.

:)

JD786FM, Jul 26, 2019
  2. Yvonne Win User

Applications still showing on Start menu after powershell deletion

Hi,

I've used powershell to remove some apps (like Xbox games).

On one account, it cleaned up the start menu just fine.

Second account, they were showing on the start menu, so I ran powershell again and verified everything was gone that I wanted, but Xbox is still showing on the menu list. *Not* as a tile, but in the "All Apps" list. I have also tried looking at the Start Menu in File Explorer for that User and can not see the App listed.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Yvonne, Jul 26, 2019
  3. USB Flash drive made bootable

Hi Nelson,

Check if there is any slide switch on the side that provides write protection. It show's a closed and open lock on each side. We suggest to follow these steps below:

• Insert the USB flash drive into the USB port.
    • Click Start, type devmgmt.msc in the Search textbox and press Enter.
    • Find Disk Drives and expand it.
    • Find the USB flash drive you want to format, and double-click it. It opens the
      Properties dialog box.
    • Click Policies tab.
    • By default, the Optimize for quick removal option selected, switch it to Optimize for performance and then press
      OK.
    • Now open Computer. Right click on the USB Flash Drive and select Format. The Format dialog box now appears.
    • Select NTFS in the File System field.
    • Press Start and wait while the process will be completed.

You can also connect the USB drive on a different computer and try formatting.

Let us know how it goes.

Martin Bar, Jul 26, 2019
  4. 7.62 Win User

Application installed off USB flash drive not showing up on Start menu > All Apps

Installing Windows 7 via USB flash drive!

USB drive doesnt show up, even after a format through windows (XP)

Any suggestions?

Thema:

1. Application installed off USB flash drive not showing up on Start menu > All Apps - Similar Threads - Application installed off

2. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  3. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10: Hello All. Running win10 on my laptop and have to click the "all apps" on the start menu to see all programs. I go to Settings > Personalization > Start but the option to Show app list in Start menu does not exist. Is there any other way to show all apps in the start menu? Or...
  4. Show All Apps In Start Menu Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  6. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not showing: All my USB flash drives cannot be accessed. The computer does not show anything when I plug one of them in. It's as if they don't exist. They work fine on other computers though. What could be the problem and how do I rectify this? Thanks....
  7. USB flash drive not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.

in Cortana
    Installed apps not showing up in start menu search.: Hi. Recently I have noticed that some of applications I pinned on the start menu disappeared and some are not showing up in the search. I have to go into their installed folders to run it which is hectic. Please help....
  9. flash drive not showing up on boot menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    flash drive not showing up on boot menu: My usb 3.1 isn’t showing up on the boot menu, will i need to fix something in the bios or is it a problem with the flash drive? submitted by /u/urmomhomosapien [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lh3rte/flash_drive_not_showing_up_on_boot_menu/
  10. Start Menu default showing all apps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu default showing all apps?: I recently installed windows 10 on an old notebook and for some reason the start menu looks like this: [img] I don't want it to show the alphabetical list of all the apps by default. On all my other computers the start menu looks more like this one....