Windows 10: Application Installed On C: To D:

Discus and support Application Installed On C: To D: in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I have 48 out of 103 GB on my C drive but I have 930 GB free on my D drive. If I installed an application on my C drive but wanted to use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TechTime305, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Application Installed On C: To D:

Hello,

I have 48 out of 103 GB on my C drive but I have 930 GB free on my D drive. If I installed an application on my C drive but wanted to use the storage on the D drive, can I just transfer that application's files to the D drive? Could the application get corrupted?

Or should I just directly install my programs to the D drive? And if my PC is factory reset, will the D drive be affected?

Thanks.

:)

TechTime305, Jan 26, 2019
  2. Anusha Win User

C windows installer folder - Delete?

He can do symbolic link redirection and move the files in it to a different location. *Wink Application Installed On C: To D: ;)
    Better try it out in a virtual of first. Just a suggestion.

Like:
    First move everything in c:\windows\installer to d:\installercache
    Then delete c:\windows\installer folder
    Then type this in command mode as admin
    mklink /d c:\windows\installer d:\installercache

Removing those installer files is a bad idea. it might prevent you from updating or uninstalling apps.

Anusha, Jan 26, 2019
  3. AydenAc Win User
    Is installing applications to D drive safe?

Since I'm running out of space on my C drive, which is only 500GB I want to install applications to my D drive (1.8TB). Once installed into "DATA (DApplication Installed On C: To D: :)" are these applications going to have any problems or will they work normal? The drive is completely
    empty right now.

AydenAc, Jan 26, 2019
  4. Application Installed On C: To D:

Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 26, 2019
Thema:

Application Installed On C: To D:

1. Application Installed On C: To D: - Similar Threads - Application Installed

2. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  3. Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kernelbase.dll Causing Application Installer Crash Consistently: System Information :https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bv8G-RzTnwh3jRmThBDcRdlzIhPf9Z2p?usp=drive_linkSourceSiemens Installer AssistantSummaryAPPCRASHDate‎20/‎4/‎2024 12:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionStopped workingFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  4. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  5. Can't install application from Microsoft Store.

Can't install application from Microsoft Store.: I need to install GlideX application from Microsoft Store, when i click install, it download its and then says: "There has been an error".In details error code is Code: 0x80073CF6I tried reseting microsoft store application with MSReset, reinstalling it though with the same...
  6. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  7. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?: I am running an application, but the below dll files cannot be founducrtbased.dllVCRUNTIME140D.dllVCRUNTIME140.dllCan someone tell me what applications I need to install to get these? Below are some applications I have tried. windows sdk visual studiovisual C++...
  8. dll files + what applications do I have to install to get the required dll files?

9. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25
  10. .NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it

.NET Framework is supposedly already installed but applications tell me I need to install it: I have already installed net framework 8.1 but when i try to run an app it asks me to install it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/net-framework-is-supposedly-already-installed-but/3d3165e5-8a85-4324-8bb8-242e9a2c6a25