Windows 10: Application keeps creating new directory

Discus and support Application keeps creating new directory in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Specifically the Dexcom Clarity Uploader application When I installed this application I had it install to a folder in Program Files (x86). But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/EpicCelloMan54, May 13, 2020.

1. Application keeps creating new directory

Specifically the Dexcom Clarity Uploader application

When I installed this application I had it install to a folder in Program Files (x86). But whenever I open the application it creates a new folder in C:. This occurs every time, even if I delete the folder. This is a minor annoyance, as I like to keep my main C:\ drive organized.

How can I prevent Dexcom from creating this new folder every time it runs, or at least create it within its install directory instead?

submitted by /u/EpicCelloMan54
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/EpicCelloMan54, May 13, 2020
  2. DianeMV Win User

Create new Directory for application

I NEED TO CREATE A NEW DIRECTORY FOR THE PROGRAM TO BE DOWNLOADED INTO, I CAN DO WHAT

YOUR ANSWER SUGGESTS AFTER I HAVE CREATED THE NEW DIRECTORY, MY QUESTION IS HOW DO I CREATE THE NEW DIRECTORY?

DianeMV, May 13, 2020
  3. DianeMV Win User

I am trying to download a new application, but the creator strictly requests that I create a new directory for the application

to be downloaded to (DO NOT USE C: PROGRAM FILES DIRECTORY) can someone tell me how to do this?

DianeMV, May 13, 2020
  4. Jessen P Win User

Application keeps creating new directory

Hi Diane,

Thank you for being part of Microsoft Community.

• Which application are you referring to?
    • Which program are you referring when you say creator?

Since the information provided is not sufficient enough to give assistance. I would request you to give the complete issue description. You may check the link on how to ask suggestions in this forum.

Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

Please revert if you face any issues with Windows in future.

Jessen P, May 13, 2020
Thema:

Application keeps creating new directory

1. Application keeps creating new directory - Similar Threads - Application keeps creating

2. create new contact in mail application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    create new contact in mail application: HelloWhen I try to manually create a new contact by clicking the "Switch to Contacts" iconIn the bottom left corner of the Windows 10 Mail app, my contact list doesn't appear in my SFR access provider's mailbox. Instead, it displays the message "You will need a new...
  3. create new contact in mail application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    create new contact in mail application: HelloWhen I try to manually create a new contact by clicking the "Switch to Contacts" iconIn the bottom left corner of the Windows 10 Mail app, my contact list doesn't appear in my SFR access provider's mailbox. Instead, it displays the message "You will need a new...
  4. Directory automatically created

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Directory automatically created: This issue was bugging me for years. I'm using Windows 11. I save my online receipts in a directory and to help keep track I stored them in a folder called "moved" after I move them to my backup drive. Sometimes to make it easier to enter into my financial software, I would...
  5. Directory automatically created

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Directory automatically created: This issue was bugging me for years. I'm using Windows 11. I save my online receipts in a directory and to help keep track I stored them in a folder called "moved" after I move them to my backup drive. Sometimes to make it easier to enter into my financial software, I would...
  6. Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Couldn't create a new attribute in Active Directory Schema: Hello everyone, Firstly, I created a new attribute it was OK. Then I defunced and removed from classes. Restarted Active Directory Domain Services. Then I wanted recreate the same attribute but I couldn't do it. It tells me: An attemp was made to add an object to the...
  7. Creating a new directory in "This PC"

Creating a new directory in "This PC": Hello, I am trying to make a new directory to This PC but I can't find much on how to do this.I want to create a new folder here but as I said, I really don't know how to do this....
  8. Keep creating new password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Keep creating new password: for a bit over a year, my computer has kept asking me to make a new password for my profile about once every week. I have to log in with my Microsoft password after which i have to enter my Microsoft password again, and create a new password for the computer. I don't...
  9. Can't create new file in Documents directory.

Can't create new file in Documents directory.: Hi all, From some day weeks ago, I strangely found that I can not create new files in my Document directory and some other directories (e.g. Desktop) using some applications. Check this screenshot out. [ATTACH] Here's some further information I can provide: Creating new...
  10. New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?

in Windows 10 Support
    New folders are created in the OneDrive directory, how to change this?: Hi everyone, I've had Windows 10 final release installed on my pc for a couple of days, and it has been proving a quite good experience. I just came across something though. I was editing a cpp file in Notepad++ and wanted to save it to a newly created folder in Documents....