Windows 10: application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

Discus and support application keeps disappearing from my taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have pinned a .exe file to my taskbar and it seems like every time I log on and off my computer and try to launch it from the taskbar it says the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PlsNoReport, Jan 26, 2021.

1. application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

I have pinned a .exe file to my taskbar and it seems like every time I log on and off my computer and try to launch it from the taskbar it says the file has been moved or changed, I then have to launch it from the folder it is in, seems like the app's cache is also deleted when this happens. It used to be fine, but a few months ago it started doing this.

the app in question is a modded version of the dolphin emulator (slippi to be precise), but I couldn't find anyone else with the problem, so i rather suspect it is windows that is being faulty.

submitted by /u/PlsNoReport
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PlsNoReport, Jan 26, 2021

2. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I It might make a difference

In this image
    Right click on Combat Example 1

application keeps disappearing from my taskbar [​IMG]

Select Properties
    Change Icon

I think you just skipped a step - not right clicking on the program name to get to the properties option

Slartybart, Jan 26, 2021
  3. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

Try right click on the taskbar icon, then right click on the application name in the drop down

Select Properties
    Press Change Icon button

Select an appropriate Icon
    Press OK

Launch Task manager
    Select Windows Explorer
    Press Restart button (lower right corner)

Slartybart, Jan 26, 2021
  4. fallen97 Win User

application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

I thought that's what you meant, however, nothing like what in your example picture came up when I did what you said to do. All I got was this...

Or this in a blank spot...

Additionally, these programs aren't pinned to the Taskbar, if that makes any difference.

fallen97, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

1. application keeps disappearing from my taskbar - Similar Threads - application keeps disappearing

2. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  3. Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar disappears when maximizing applications.: The taskbar setting "Autohide" is disabled. However, any time I maximize a window, the taskbar "goes behind" the window and hides. I want the taskbar to be the lower border of my computer screen, but Windows 11 has no current support for that. Anyway, is there any feasible...
  4. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  5. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar keeps disappearing: I run Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron Laptop. After my last reboot, I found the taskbar didn't appear, so I used Ctrl-Alt-Del to bring up Task Manager, then restarted Windows Explorer. The taskbar came back, but when I closed TM, the taskbar disappeared. This has happened...
  6. Taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows taskbar keeps disappearing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows taskbar keeps disappearing: I've been having a problem these past few months that I'd really like solved. My windows task bar keeps disappearing when maximizing windows. You can see a Youtube video of it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5CobPTPKEo&feature=youtu.be&ab_channel=SpaceFox93 It's a...
  8. connected icon for tv keeps disappearing from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    connected icon for tv keeps disappearing from my taskbar: I just got my wifi and tv connected wirelessly today and the connected icon appeared at the top of my taskbar and i pinned it to my toolbar but when I turn off my screening mirroring and go back to regular tv the icon disappears. How do I keep the icon on my taskbar at all...
  9. My taskbar icons keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    My taskbar icons keep disappearing: I setup my most used programs by pinning them to the taskbar. However they randomly disappear, all of them. Is this a known problem and if so is it easily fixed? 61313
  10. Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons In Taskbar Keep Disappearing: I keep getting this blank document icon instead of the correct icon in Windows 10 Pro. It does happen with a few different apps but it's almost exclusively Adobe programs. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks. [img] 51212