Windows 10: Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar

Discus and support Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is an application that keeps opening and closing in my taskbar and I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't affect me much apart from taking me out of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danaug, Dec 26, 2020.

1. /u/Danaug Win User

Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar

There is an application that keeps opening and closing in my taskbar and I'm not sure what it is. It doesn't affect me much apart from taking me out of my full-screen games when it opens. This seems to only happen once after booting (but not right away). I was able to grab a screenshot of the icon before it disappeared, does anyone know what it is? I don't remember installing anything with this icon.

https://i.imgur.com/eeSO6EO.png

submitted by /u/Danaug
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Danaug, Dec 26, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Keeping programs open

If the desktop is uncluttered then its just as easy to lauch from the desktop as the taskbar when there are no applications open.
    Once applications are open that fill the display it takes an additional step to see the desktop and launch the application.
    More often the desktop is cluttered and finding applications and launching from the task bar is much easier.
    For any desktop application set to launch from the taskbar:
    right click on the application > pin to taskbar

zbook, Dec 26, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar

Taskbar hides and shows itself after opening start menu.

Steps:

1. Using HDMI for a second monitor.
    2. Open start menu using the icon.
    3. Close start menu using the icon.
    4. Click anywhere other than the task bars. (e.g. an open window, the desktop, even the first monitor's desktop)
    5. Taskbar on second monitor slides down to be hidden.
    6. Taskbar then immediately slides up to reappear.

If after closing the start menu (step 3), you click on the taskbar, then click outside the taskbar, this behavior does not occur.

Performing the steps on the main monitor's taskbar does not produce this behavior.

This has been happening for as long as I can remember using this laptop (~3years), with different nVidia drivers and Windows 10 updates.

Dreaming Void, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar

1. Application keeps opening and closing in my taskbar - Similar Threads - Application keeps opening

2. Windows 11 user : A program or application keeps opening and closes immediately.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 user : A program or application keeps opening and closes immediately.: Windows 11 user : A program or application keeps opening and closes immediately. Unable to detect what application or program it is. This issue keeps interrupting while playing games. Kindly provide a solution....
  3. Random Applications on my PC Keep Closing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Applications on my PC Keep Closing: I have 0 idea what it is the only thing is That When Im play something Offline It wont close or if I am listening to songs on Spotify, Spotify will not close but if I try to play anything Multiplayer they will randomly close sometimes it will be immediately some times it will...
  4. Random Applications on my PC Keep Closing

Random Applications on my PC Keep Closing: I have 0 idea what it is the only thing is That When Im play something Offline It wont close or if I am listening to songs on Spotify, Spotify will not close but if I try to play anything Multiplayer they will randomly close sometimes it will be immediately some times it will...
  5. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  6. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  7. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. application keeps disappearing from my taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    application keeps disappearing from my taskbar: I have pinned a .exe file to my taskbar and it seems like every time I log on and off my computer and try to launch it from the taskbar it says the file has been moved or changed, I then have to launch it from the folder it is in, seems like the app's cache is also deleted...
  9. Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hovering over grouped taskbar icons keeps on opening and closing: I have a SUPER SUPER annoying grouped taskbar icon issue. Whenever I hover my mouse over say Chrome, Explorer, Outlook, etc. where there are grouped items, the thing would play "whack a mole" with me. It would appear and when I try to select it, it would disappear and I would...
  10. Keep application open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keep application open: Is there any way to let my application open straight away after shutting down? E.g. If i am using a browser or microsoft powerpoint, it will reopen after turning my computer back on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc programs close to taskbar