Windows 10: Application launch with "Run as administrator"

Discus and support Application launch with "Run as administrator" in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have an issue with launching app. In my masters I use 2 users : UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator). 1) I install... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by thomas esteve, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Application launch with "Run as administrator"

Good afternoon,

I have an issue with launching app.

In my masters I use 2 users :

UserXXX (Only User) and Admin (Administrator).

1) I install software with Admin user and I have no problem.

2) I launch software and with Damin user I have to choose "Run as Administrator" instead with UserXXX I don't need.

I don't understand why Admin I have to choose "Run a s Administraor", do you have an idea ?

:)

thomas esteve, Nov 7, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

How to always allow administrator permissions for a specific application

Hi Lyon,

Windows 10 gives users the ability to customize how they run applications. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to grant administrator permission to a specific application:

• Click the Windows icon on your Windows 10 screen that will open the list of applications. Right click on the specific application that you wish to have an admin permission, click the
      More and click Open file location.
    • A new window will open to the location of the program. Right-click on the program and click
      Properties from the pop-up menu.
    • In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click
      Advanced.
    • In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to
      Run as administrator
      and click OK.
    • The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. Repeat the steps above for other desired applications.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 7, 2019
  3. Unable to Run Certain Applications Without Running as Administrator [Windows 10 x64bit]

Hello vincent7763, my name is Irisdiel and I am an independent advisor.

To always run applications as administrator I would suggest following the below instructions followed by a URL that you may refer to for more information.

Step 1: Open the Start menu and click All apps. Find the program you want to always run in administrator mode and right-click on the shortcut. In the pop-up menu, click Open file location. Only desktop programs (not native Windows 10 apps) will have this option.

Step 2: A File Explorer window will open to the location of the program you want to access. Right-click on the program and click Properties from the pop-up menu.

Step 3: In the Properties window, click the Shortcut tab and then click Advanced...

Step 4: In the Advanced Properties window, check the box next to Run as administrator and click OK.

Step 5: The program will now open in administrator mode when you click the shortcut from the Start menu. You'll need to repeat these steps for each program you want to have this feature.

URL:
    https://superuser.com/questions/1002262/run-app...

Thank you and good luck.

Regards- .

Irisdiel H, Nov 7, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Application launch with "Run as administrator"

Applications downloaded from Windows Store cannot be launched.

Hi Khan,

Corrupted
    System Files
    and
    Windows Store Components
    are some possible causes why these applications are not working. We suggest that you uninstall these
    applications and perform these methods of troubleshooting:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

Updating your
    drivers will help your applications and other system to run
    smoothly with your currents Windows version.
    To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

DISM
    will
    restore any Corrupted System Image
    that causes the
    issues
    on your
    Windows. To perform DISM, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel.

Method 4: Resetting Windows Store.

To reset your
    Windows Store, just press
    Windows key + R,
    type
    WSReset.exe
    and hit
    Enter. Resetting
    your
    Windows Store
    will install new
    System Files
    and
    Components
    replacing those corrupted ones.

After performing these methods, kindly
    reinstall
    those
    applications
    and check if there are any changes.

Update us on how it goes so that we can investigate it further in case the troubleshooting fails.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 7, 2019
Thema:

Application launch with "Run as administrator"

1. Application launch with "Run as administrator" - Similar Threads - Application launch Run

2. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  3. i can't run application as administrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i can't run application as administrator: Hello team,I recently installed a new windows 10 image, it was working fine, until last week i notices that i can't run any app as administrator, I'm Network engineer and i need to run CMD as admin to add routes, and when i look at my account, i found it standard and can't...
  4. Application will not launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  5. Application will not launch

Application will not launch: I've downloaded a 64 Bit application called Siril a few weeks ago and it has been working fine however today when I tried opening it, I got no response. I have restarted my laptop and uninstalled/installed the app. When I click on the app, the loading sign on my cursor...
  6. An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    An Administrator has blocked an Application from running !: i tried to run an app from a CD rom for a Trust Slimline Graphics tablet but was blocked from doing so by 'an administrator'. As far as i am concerned, I AM the administrator and so i dont understand who this other administrator could be i.e. [ATTACH] I then went to...
  7. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Customization
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  8. Run as administrator stops other applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Run as administrator stops other applications: After my recent upgrade from Win7 to 10 I have found that whenever an app is "run as administrator" the computer stops access to all other applications and functions. I cannot use the mouse on any other apps or the task bar. If I press CTRL+ESC I can once again mouse...
  9. Running a Application as Administrator

Running a Application as Administrator: How do you change a shortcut to run the application as the Administrator ? Currently I right click the shortcut and then click run as administrator. Thanks...
  10. Running always an application with administrative privileges

Running always an application with administrative privileges: Hi I have Windows 10 v1703 and I would need that an application is always run with administrative privileges even when it is run by a user who has a Users's account. So, how should I do this? Thanks Bye 84349