Windows 10: Application logs for non-admin user win10

Discus and support Application logs for non-admin user win10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user. But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by zealfire, May 17, 2019.

1. zealfire Win User

Application logs for non-admin user win10

Hi all,
    I am using windows 10 machine and wanted to view application logs for non-admin user.
    But currently, when looking into event viewer I don't see any logs getting generated for non-admin user.
    Is there a way to do this (setting some registry or global policy)?

Thanks.

:)

zealfire, May 17, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Non Admin acct questions

I think you may just be looking in the wrong place. When you sign out the sign in screen and password box will be for the account that has just signed out. It's the same for a restart, the sign in screen will be for the last user that had signed in.

Sign out, then look for a list of names in the lower left corner of the sign in screen. All available accounts should be listed there, click on the one you want to change the sign in screen to be for that user. See the screenshot at step 2 in this tutorial.

Sign in to Windows 10

Correct, the user folder is not created until the first sign in.

3. Feedor Win User
    Win10 multiusers, can't log admin account, user account changed as admin

I have created a new admin account - the last one - starting with p.

I observe the following:

The first admin - the first on the list, starting with A - is the one I can't log in, but can run apps with its password.

I see that although both are administrator passwords, the first one is HomeUsers while the newly created is Utilisateurs (Users in English).

• So they are different, what about UAC???
    • Should I modify admin p from Users to HomeUsers so that it's identical to admin A??
    • When it'll be done with p, can I delete admin user A without consequences?

Thanks

Application logs for non-admin user win10 3b249fa8-c1fd-4419-abd8-0b463108fc68.jpg

Feedor, May 17, 2019
  4. IMA
    ima Win User

ATITool 0.24 in non-admin user

Hmm, strange thing. I uninstalled v0.24 and installed v0.23, which works fine. After I read your advices, I installed v0.24 again and "Voila!", it starts in PowerUsers (non-admin) without errors/complains.
    Thank you for your suggestions and sorry for the post.

Thema:

1. Application logs for non-admin user win10 - Similar Threads - Application logs non

2. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  3. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval: I am looking for a method to allow a User account Non-administrator on a device to be able to launch an application that typically requires UAC prompt & admin password to run.I would like to do so, without also allowing the user to run other applications, or install software...
  4. Allow Non-Admin user account to launch single application without Admin approval

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?: Dear colleagues,I need to collect descriptive logs from Active Directory, but using a user with minimal privileges. Currently, technologies allow me to use WMI log collection but the problem is that as far as I have read, to collect security logs from Windows Server 2012 R2...
  6. How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?

How to collect logs from AD with non-admin user?: Dear colleagues,I need to collect descriptive logs from Active Directory, but using a user with minimal privileges. Currently, technologies allow me to use WMI log collection but the problem is that as far as I have read, to collect security logs from Windows Server 2012 R2...
  7. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  8. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  9. Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help duplicating admin/user log in - Win10: Would this work: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...ng-copyprofile Edit - actually reading again it seems very complicated either way!... 147361
  10. Rune regedit for non-admin user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Rune regedit for non-admin user: Somehow my ToastNotifications got switched off. Need to have admin privileges to switch it back on. Running regedit as Administrator doesn't work. Have a .reg file, but that has to be double-clicked, so no privileges. Can't set Properties ... Run as Administrator for a .reg...