Windows 10: Application not accessible from all user accounts

Discus and support Application not accessible from all user accounts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MyVeryOwnSelf, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Application not accessible from all user accounts

I downloaded and installed several applications on my new Dell Windows 10 desktop PC. On it, there is one Admin account and three user accounts: J, E, and V. Installations were done using the Admin account.

All the applications are accessible from all the accounts except for one application: Firefox. It's accessible from Admin and J, but not from E or V. From those users, it doesn’t appear anywhere.

I tried downloading and re-installing Firefox, but it didn't help.

How can this be fixed?

:)

MyVeryOwnSelf, Oct 2, 2019

2. Installing Applications to Select User Accounts

Hi Lucas,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are trying to avoid the access of all the application in all users. We will help you try resolving this issue.

I suggest you to check while installing any software it gives an option to install on all users or any particular user only.

However this would be application specific to manufacturer.

You can try following the below steps also and check if it helps.

• When you install the software or an application, it makes a shortcut or copy to the public folder where all the users can access the application.
    • Open C:\ Drive and select Users.
    • Select Public, select the files which you don't want to be used by other users and delete the files or Cut and paste in Admin account folder.
    Note: To perform this steps be logged into Admin user.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 2, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 2, 2019
  4. Application not accessible from all user accounts

user account,administrator

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better?

• Where do you see all these accounts on your system?
    • Do these see these account as a login option at you login screen?
    • Are you able to access these accounts?
    • If you are able to access these account. Are you able to access data in these accounts?
    I would suggest you to follow the step, which would provide you the list of all the user accounts on your system.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Type control userpasswords2.
    • Press Enter.
    Now check if all these accounts are present on your system.

Please provide us the required information. We would be happy to assist your further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

Application not accessible from all user accounts

1. Application not accessible from all user accounts - Similar Threads - Application accessible user

2. Install application for all users

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install application for all users: Hi all, I've installed an application that gets installed in a secure folder. One where you need admin credentials to remove. The problem is I would like this application to launch in the system tray when other accounts are logged in. Currently it doesn't start the...
  3. Accessing User accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Accessing User accounts: Where can I access and switch between users on my Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accessing-user-accounts/280f1b96-13f3-4a18-94e5-85872de42a99
  4. user files are accessible to all users

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user files are accessible to all users: I am setting up a new computer. I am set up as administrator local account and I have added my kids as Other users local account-not administrator. I do not want to set them up as a Microsoft accounts. The new computer has one small hard drive for storing the operating...
  5. Change startup application from all users to myself

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change startup application from all users to myself: Greetings, There is an application which is starting automatically for all users, and I would like to change it to start only for me. I think I may have found the application here: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run I thought I...
  6. Can a hacker access all user accounts?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can a hacker access all user accounts?: Hello everyone! As you know, Windows allows you to set up multiple user accounts on one computer. If I got hacked, can the hacker access all user accounts, or just the one I was using at the time I was hacked? Thanks! :) 130220
  7. Limiting applications that are on user accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Limiting applications that are on user accounts: I would like to know who I can make it so that only the applications I have on my admin account show up on subsequent user accounts. My admin account is a Microsoft account and my user accounts are local. I just tried adding a user account but when I logged in, it looked...
  8. Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Access to downloaded store games for all user accounts?: Hi - this user accounts area has stumped me - can you help? I have downloaded a number of games from the Microsoft store. But on my pc I have a child user account for my three children via the Microsoft family accounts windows 10 online software. How do I make the games I...
  9. Access user accounts

Access user accounts: I have forgotten an administrator account password and am not even able to get past the "user accounts" in Control Panel" without it. I don't log on to Windows with this account anyway! 26680
  10. Users account access

Users account access: Hi I wanted to delete stuff from my ext hard drive but kept saying I didn't have access as I wasn't an administrator I am only one using this system but when I saw the list in security settings there seem to be about 3 unknown users. Is it ok to delete them without messing...