Windows 10: Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

Discus and support Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So my computer has been fine up until last night. I was trying to open my discord app when I first got an error message saying 'No Such Interface... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teirayo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Teirayo Win User

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

So my computer has been fine up until last night. I was trying to open my discord app when I first got an error message saying 'No Such Interface Supported'. Well i tried looking up some possible ways to fix this but it seems i might have made it worse I'm not sure. I have gone into the Registry Editor and tried changing the .exe & exefile folders. Nothing has worked for me. Also in order for me to run any of the apps I'm currently not able to use i need to run the app as administrator. For example I can't open google chrome normally because it gives me this window

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything 492f72f5-699b-4b31-a316-dd55f9408499?upload=true.png

It gives me that window with most of the applications I try to use and the other error message I get is this

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything a269704c-a0a9-4af1-b2fd-b469dd0fe636?upload=true.png

(or whatever other app I open) also anything I download won't let open as well

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything 25b25c42-546c-4a45-9aa0-b024889b5b52?upload=true.png

I also tried resetting the Registry Editor even in safe mode.

I can't even hard reset because some error occurs so thats out the window...

If anyone knows how this can fixed I would glady appreciate it. I just want to use my PC like I use too.

:)

Teirayo, Feb 25, 2019
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Feb 25, 2019
  3. tdehan Win User
    Open With opens with different application then the one selected

Can someone please provide the steps to fix this? This is maddening!

I just upgraded to Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 and now it doesn't even show up in the list of Open With applications.

I don't want Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to be the default application to open image files as I use numerous different applications to work on my images. I just want it to be an option in the Open With list.

How do I get Adobe Photoshop Elements 15 to show up in the list of Open With applications and how do I confirm that when I select it to open a file it actually opens instead of some different application.

Thanks

tdehan, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

How: Open Two Application

How: Open Two Application

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? example... I want to open two Utorrent... another example.... I want to open two CCleaner.

Is there a way to open two application of the same application? If so.... how?

HiddenStupid, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything

1. Application Not Found Whenever I try to open anything - Similar Threads - Application Found Whenever

2. computer crashes whenever i try to copy and paste anything

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer crashes whenever i try to copy and paste anything: I get the message whenever I try. i cant do any copying or pasting of any kind. processor: intel core i-5 9400F 2.90ghzram: 8gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crashes-whenever-i-try-to-copy-and-paste/49aeef63-fedc-4841-be73-07e78858b0ff
  3. computer crashes whenever i try to copy and paste anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer crashes whenever i try to copy and paste anything: I get the message whenever I try. i cant do any copying or pasting of any kind. processor: intel core i-5 9400F 2.90ghzram: 8gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crashes-whenever-i-try-to-copy-and-paste/49aeef63-fedc-4841-be73-07e78858b0ff
  4. computer crashes whenever i try to copy and paste anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Whenever I download anything and try to open it, this happens, does anyone know how to fix it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I download anything and try to open it, this happens, does anyone know how to fix it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Granny_Hammie [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m4e114/whenever_i_download_anything_and_try_to_open_it/
  6. Whenever I try to open application or .exe file I get this. But there is nothing to update....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I try to open application or .exe file I get this. But there is nothing to update....: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/RememberSaulstone [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isfde3/whenever_i_try_to_open_application_or_exe_file_i/
  7. "Please Wait" Xbox Services Popup Opens and Closes Whenever I Try To Sign Into Anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please Wait" Xbox Services Popup Opens and Closes Whenever I Try To Sign Into Anything: Whenever I try to sign into a Microsoft product, it always shows me a popup that has the Xbox logo and then closes immediately after without doing anything. This problem keeps me from playing any games because it also won't "sync data" and forces me to play offline, then is...
  8. Whenever I try to open windows defender/security it needs a different application.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Whenever I try to open windows defender/security it needs a different application.: Whenever I try to open windows defender/security it always pops up with the 'you need another app to open this windowsdefender' and it doesnt make much sense. Any help? Windows 10 Home [ATTACH]...
  9. Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Trying to download a .jar , when I open it, it says application not found.: I am on windows 10, I havent had problems downloading .jar before, I have the latest java and I am fully updated. Im a bit of a computer noob so any help is great....
  10. whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working: whenever i tried to opening a folder , it shows working , it does not listing the files [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whenever-i-tried-to-opening-a-folder-it-shows/732dd937-7d80-4fb2-952c-b31d8e2f57b6"