Windows 10: Application not trusted

Discus and support Application not trusted in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How does an application go from not verified to not trusted. I have a program called setupwizard.exe. It is part of BeyondTV. Recently I installed a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rac8006, May 6, 2016.

1. rac8006 Win User

Application not trusted

How does an application go from not verified to not trusted. I have a program called setupwizard.exe. It is part of BeyondTV. Recently I installed a quad TV tuner card and ran this program to setup the tuners. The system is a windows 10 clean install. Today I noticed that the other tuner card was not found in device manager. After several attempts I switched the tuner card between PC's. After rebooting both systems the tuner card in each PC was found. I then tried to run the setup program and got the "This app has been blocked for your protection." So this application worked with in the last three weeks. Now it won't run. I then tried to run the setupwizard on the other PC and got the same message. I have a third system running windows 10. This system has been offline for that last couple of weeks. I booted this system up and was able to run the setupwizard with no problem. I then copied the setup wizard from the system that worked and tried to run it on the failing system. It still got blocked. I then tried to reinstall the BeyondTV program and the installer also got the blocked message. I just installed this program two weeks ago.
    So the question is what changed. The only thing I can think of is a windows update. in the last two weeks.
    When I ran the program on the system that was offline a pop up message asking for permission to run a not verified application. But no the pop up says not trusted.

Thanks
    RAC

:)

rac8006, May 6, 2016
  2. wanfahimi Win User

Bug: Trusted Windows Store application icons do not appear when searching

yup, Photos is default.

wanfahimi, May 6, 2016
  3. Bug: Trusted Windows Store application icons do not appear when searching

Wish it were that easy, but the affected system here is completely up to date.

May I ask if you have Photos set as your default image viewer too? An important thing to keep in mind is that with every major upgrade MS tends to reinstall and reset its own apps back as the defaults, so it's possible that's what fixed the issue for you
    when the Anniv. Update got installed.

RobertJWin, May 6, 2016
  4. jimbo45 Win User

Application not trusted

Hi there

some of these I'd just ignore if you trust the application -- I get these when downloading Windows versions of the nightly builds of Logitech Media server - which is a 100% safe (and useful) server music program.

Message is something like "This program isn't frequently downloaded" -- although why that should be a criterion -- after all if you do it on downloads - what about some dubious but popular programs from some torrent sites !!!.

Again if you trust your source download and the program just ignore the message and install anyway.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 6, 2016
  5. rac8006 Win User
    I could understand if I downloaded this program in the last week. But I downloaded this program in 2010. I've had no problem running the program until yesterday.

RAC

rac8006, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Application not trusted

1. Application not trusted - Similar Threads - Application trusted

2. Faulting application name: lsass.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulting application name: lsass.exe: Hi,When I start my application, the system is getting restarted. I am on Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.3447. Looked into the event logs, in application event log I see this:Application event log at 15:26:38:Faulting application name: lsass.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3235,...
  3. Faulting application name: lsass.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulting application name: lsass.exe: Hi,When I start my application, the system is getting restarted. I am on Windows 11 Pro 22H2 Build 22621.3447. Looked into the event logs, in application event log I see this:Application event log at 15:26:38:Faulting application name: lsass.exe, version: 10.0.22621.3235,...
  4. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  5. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  6. Obfuscation of Code in Applications, Trusted Companies

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Obfuscation of Code in Applications, Trusted Companies: Hello, I want to ask about the possibility of Roblox being granted an exception to the rule prohibiting obfuscated code within the platform.I have heard rumors that Roblox, as a trusted developer, could negotiate a deal to implement the Hyperion anticheat system, which could...
  7. Obfuscation of Code in Applications, Trusted Companies

Obfuscation of Code in Applications, Trusted Companies: Hello, I want to ask about the possibility of Roblox being granted an exception to the rule prohibiting obfuscated code within the platform.I have heard rumors that Roblox, as a trusted developer, could negotiate a deal to implement the Hyperion anticheat system, which could...
  8. running applications as trusted installer

running applications as trusted installer: what does it mean when your run something as trusted installer using Winaero Tweaker? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/running-applications-as-trusted-installer/da770b75-a085-4df9-b0f8-8307d9106bcc
  9. How can I "trust" an known application. Windows asks for authorization every startup even...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I "trust" an known application. Windows asks for authorization every startup even...: How can I "trust" an known application. Windows asks for authorization every startup even though admin privilege is set. The program is an app developed by a popular Printer manufacturer, which must be commonly used by thousands of users....
  10. Trusted applications cant write to protected folders

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trusted applications cant write to protected folders: Hello, I have enabled through GPO controlled folder access. We have many users so when an application gets blocked I have informed to add to allowed apps. While the users are doing this they are still having issues writing to protected folders with the trusted apps like...