Windows 10: application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application

Discus and support application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm receiving the following message when attempting to download a tax software application... ... The current security policy prohibits the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 5037207565, Nov 15, 2019.

1. application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application

I'm receiving the following message when attempting to download a tax software application...

The current security policy prohibits the requested action.
    File Type: application/octet-stream (MS-DOS Executable Programs).

:)

5037207565, Nov 15, 2019
  2. WojtasRed Win User

Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application :)

WojtasRed, Nov 15, 2019
  3. How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA

Nosirrah762, Nov 15, 2019
  4. application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application

Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Nov 15, 2019
Thema:

application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application

1. application/octet-stream is preventing the download of an application - Similar Threads - application octet stream

2. Application Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application Cannot Download: Why, certain Application Cannot Download On My Microsoft Surface Go 3? My ForeverLiving Products Unable to searching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-cannot-download/f58809e4-1697-492f-bc98-cb5b849ec74c
  3. Application Cannot Download

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Application Cannot Download: Why, certain Application Cannot Download On My Microsoft Surface Go 3? My ForeverLiving Products Unable to searching. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-cannot-download/f58809e4-1697-492f-bc98-cb5b849ec74c
  4. Can't Download Application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Download Application: I've tried to download an app from na.op.gg, and I know for sure 100% that it doesn't have a virus, but when I try to download it, the built in anti-malware(not one I downloaded, but the one that comes with the base windows 10) stops and overrides the download, without giving...
  5. Application download errors.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Application download errors.: When I try to open up a .zip application by extracting it to my downloads, it greets me with the error messages "This code execution cannot proceed because GlobalPlatform.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program..." and "This code execution cannot proceed because...
  6. Applications downloaded from Windows store for stream go with lag

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Applications downloaded from Windows store for stream go with lag: Since a few months ago when I try to use Netflix or Crunchyroll, using the Windows 10 apps. They tend to be laggy and the videos look slow and with few frames. That doesn't happen to me in Chrome. But it makes me more comfortable to see it in the app. Try to check them out...
  7. Application will not download

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Application will not download: so im trying to download valorant and this message keeps popping up. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. submitted by...
  8. Unable to download applications

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to download applications: I updated to Windows 10 Version 1909 OS Build 18363.778 and now have difficulty launching both SQL Server Express and SQL Server Management Studio. I would run the .exe file and it would appear to launch by the icons showing on the task bar and running in the Task Manager,...
  9. Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?: Clue me in..... Does the windows 10 family Safety, actually allow you to block all apps except for the ones you allow your child to run? It's not clear from their site verbiage on whether you can only block apps that show in the "recent history" (ie run at least once),...
  10. Prevent application to create a registry key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prevent application to create a registry key: Hi, is it possible to prevent certain application to create a registry key in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software registry location? That registry key causes some problems - when I delete it manually problems are solved but every so often key gets created as soon as...