Windows 10: Application of two factors

Discus and support Application of two factors in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello people as you are. There will be some two-factor authentication application that does not require a phone number to set it up and instead can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/leninalbertolp, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Application of two factors

Hello people as you are.

There will be some two-factor authentication application that does not require a phone number to set it up and instead can be done from an email.

submitted by /u/leninalbertolp
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/leninalbertolp, Dec 5, 2019

2. Two factor authenticated gmail account

I just find some info on Google, it seems Gmail app is not supportive to Two-factor authentication.

Application-specific passwords
    An application-specific password can only be created when you are signed up for 2-step verification.

Some applications that work outside a browser aren't yet compatible with 2-step verification and cannot ask for verification codes, for example:

• Apps on smartphones such as Android, BlackBerry or iPhone
    • Google Voice mobile application on iPhone
    • Chrome Sync
    • Mail clients such as Microsoft Outlook
    • Chat clients such as Google Talk or AIM
    To use these applications, you first need to generate an application-specific password. Next,
    enter that in the password field of your application instead of your regular password. You can create a new application-specific password for each application that needs one.

Learn more

Account is down, Dec 5, 2019
  3. Custom Scaling Factor keeps resetting after latest Windows 10 update

Hi,

To address your concern with Custom Scaling Factor, we suggest you to update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

1. Press Windows logo key + X on your keyboard, then click Device Manager.

2. Expand Display Drivers to find the name of your device, then right-click (or tap and hold) it, and select
    Update Driver Software.

3. Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Angela Pun, Dec 5, 2019
  4. XTL
    xTL Win User

Application of two factors

How To Create Two Factor Authentication for Remote Desktop

Hello artmanphoto, are you using the built in remote software that comes with windows 10 ?
    I too use remote software, so can i suggest you change to one of the following.
    Because the remote software that comes with windows is very insecure.

Anydesk
    To use 2 step authenticator with anydesk go here

Teamviewer
    To use 2 step authenticator with teamviewer go here

Splashtop
    To use 2 step authenticator with splashtop go here

Radmin
    Does not have 2 step authentication as far as i know.
    But it does have IP Filter, very high security.

All 4 have very high security,
    Anydesk, Splashtop & teamviewer all have so you can add two factor authentication with google authenticator.
    Personally i prefer radmin Application of two factors :)

* Had to add Anydesk to my suggestion because it's just to good to leave out *

Thema:

Application of two factors

1. Application of two factors - Similar Threads - Application factors

2. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  3. How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to route audio from different applications to separate speaker channels on Windows 11?: I have a speaker setup with two separate speakers left and right channels. I want to play music from one speaker using a media player like Pot Player, while simultaneously playing YouTube video audio from the other speaker using my web browser. In Windows 11 sound settings,...
  4. Facing drop-down issue in one of the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing drop-down issue in one of the application: Hi,We use application IntuitiveERP in Windows 11. I'm not able to access any of the drop-down available in IntuitiveERP on in Windows 11. Works for every other user but the issue is only a particular user. We tried to format/reinstall windows 11 but the issue is not resolved....
  5. Facing drop-down issue in one of the application

Facing drop-down issue in one of the application: Hi,We use application IntuitiveERP in Windows 11. I'm not able to access any of the drop-down available in IntuitiveERP on in Windows 11. Works for every other user but the issue is only a particular user. We tried to format/reinstall windows 11 but the issue is not resolved....
  6. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  7. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops: Hi all,I am having an Issue on my Intel NUC running Windows 10 Pro. Some applications that I try to launch e.g. Task manager, google chrome, will launch successfully but on unlisted desktops. I thought task Manager was broken initially, but I saw this problem when accessing...
  8. applications launching on unlisted virtual desktops

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....
  10. When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.

When I start applications they always open in small or minimized screen.: When I open a program it always starts minimized or in small mode, I want them to always open in maximized screen, I don't know how to solve it....