Windows 10: application photo not opening

Discus and support application photo not opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; application PHOTO not opening [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yashwantyadav, Mar 12, 2019.

1. application photo not opening

application PHOTO not opening​
    application photo not opening d2c03737-32f7-4a8d-9d0f-007d81501ac4?upload=true.jpg

:)

yashwantyadav, Mar 12, 2019

2. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Mar 12, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done application photo not opening :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Pesedm Win User

application photo not opening

How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?

Photo files opens in old Photo Viewer.
    How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?
    I tried: to restore the default application and association file.
    No change, thank you.

Pesedm, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

application photo not opening

1. application photo not opening - Similar Threads - application photo opening

2. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  3. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  4. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application

Unable to open Photos from Android in Paint Application: Hello! I am trying to open photos to my Paint application. This has worked previously - I would forward photos from my phone Samsung Galaxy to my email and open them on my laptop in Paint. However, now, I get the below error message - I also tried plugging the phone into the...
  6. Photos Application

Photos Application: Where in Windows settings can I find a list of what photos and videos that are added into a Album? Regards, Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application/605e4340-eeb0-4a42-80d8-af2ed5059635
  7. Photos Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Application: Since I applied the latest update to the photos application today, the On This Day tile has disappeared from the ribbon on the top of the Collection screen and was replaced by a Recent tile. I want to get the On This Day tile back and remove the Recent one!!!!...
  8. Photos Application

Photos Application: If the Photos application is not working correctly, how can I backup all of the album names and the links that they contain to my photos and videos so that they can be restored after a reset/reinstall of the photos application? Kind Regards, Alan...
  9. Photos Application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Application.: After the last Windows upgrade, when editing RAW files or downloading JPEG or JPG files or taking a screenshot the only file in the "Photos" APP. that I'm able to see are PNG files. is there a way to go back to the old settings JPEG/JPG? Please help & thank you....
  10. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?

How to return OPEN the original application Photos ?: Photo files opens in old Photo Viewer. How to return OPEN the original application Photos ? I tried: to restore the default application and association file. No change, thank you. 71213