Windows 10: Application Photos does not show fail information

Discus and support Application Photos does not show fail information in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; In Windows 10 (updated) application Photos hang up after click on File information! Application restarted many times, updated and repaired. Nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Piko71, May 14, 2019.

1. Piko71 Win User

Application Photos does not show fail information

In Windows 10 (updated) application Photos hang up after click on File information! Application restarted many times, updated and repaired. Nothing helps, please give some advise who can Application Photos does not show fail information :)

:)

Piko71, May 14, 2019

2. Photos direction arrows not showing

Hi Rafg,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Since when you are facing this issue with Photos app?

• How many photos are present in the subfolder from where you are trying to open Photos through Photos app? (Inside the My pictures sub folder)
    Please be informed that if you have only one photo in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, you will not see the direction arrows in the Photos app to view the next picture in the Photos app.

If you have multiple pictures in the subfolder from where you are trying to open the photos in File explorer, then follow the below steps and check if you are able to view the right and left directions in the Photos app to view the pictures.

Step 1:

I suggest you to run the Windows app troubleshooter and check if you are able to fix the issue with Photos app.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persists, follow the below step.

Step 2:

You may try to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows store. Follow the below steps to uninstall and reinstall the Photos app.

• Open the Start menu, type
      Windows PowerShell
      in the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select
      Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Photos app.

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage
    Note: After performing the above steps, install the Photos app form the Windows store.

You may try to open the photos app and check if the issue persist.

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, May 14, 2019
  3. photo app - How can I do a slideshow in an album? I only see the slideshow option outside of albums.

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Are you referring to the slide show option in the photo app?
    I suggest you to follow the below steps for the slideshow option and check if it helps.

• Open the “Photo App”

• Go to any three options “Collection”, “Albums” and “Folders”.

• Click on any “Photo” and press the key “F5” it will launch slide show.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, May 14, 2019
  4. Application Photos does not show fail information

Slide Show issues while accessing Photos

Hello,

Thank you for your continued patience on this issue.

At this point, I suggest you to reinstall the Photo App in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: Uninstall the Photo App

• Press Windows key and type Powershell
      in search, right click on it and Open as administrator .

• Copy and paste the following command in Powershell and press enter:

get-appxpackage *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

Step 2: Re-install the Photo App from the below link:

Microsoft Photos

Write to us with the updated information. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 14, 2019
Thema:

Application Photos does not show fail information

1. Application Photos does not show fail information - Similar Threads - Application Photos does

2. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  3. Photos app does not show original photo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app does not show original photo: I take landscape photos on my camera and they end up with a file called RAW. I open them in the Photos app, and it shows the original photo for about a second or so, but then switches to an automatic edited version of the same photo. How do I turn this off? It would REALLY...
  4. Photo app does not show images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  5. Photo app does not show images

Photo app does not show images: Im using photo app and seeing photos that I saved for the past years. It is all memorable for me not until I see only black images on my photo app. My saved photo are all black and cant see any images on each single one of them. I reset the app and still getting the same...
  6. microsoft photos application shows degraded colors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microsoft photos application shows degraded colors: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/jvpv8opo8bu81.png?width=3840&format=png&auto=webp&s=c3efc87048633ff87b43d712e8effda9f8ea9963 as u can see photos look dull when viewed in Microsoft photo as compared to irfan viewer. why is this happening? submitted by /u/somamrutha...
  7. Photo program does not show

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photo program does not show: I'm trying to set ThumbsPLus as my default photo viewer, but it doesn't show up as a choice when making default selection. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-program-does-not-show/d0d9c901-6818-4744-b893-e5fbf5011379
  8. System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Information not populating, System Information application Can't Collect information: Hi, On my machine i'm not able to see the system information populate in Control Panel\System and Security\System it shows the processor and ram as "Not Available", along with the windows activation, product id: Not Available Refer to screenshot: [ATTACH] Also when...
  9. Outlook 2016 Account Information Photo not showing

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 2016 Account Information Photo not showing: Hey. I have outlook 2016 connected to my Hotmail account. When I click “file” account information page comes up. I would like to change the photo in Outlook 2016 “Account Information” Every time I click “change” underneath the avatar it just sends me to my online...
  10. Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order

Photo Viewer does not show photos in sorted order: I store both RAW (CR2) and JPG versions of all my photos, with each folder sorted by type. Before Windows 10 this allowed me to view all the JPGs without the CR2 (which take longer to load). The new version insists that I view both! How do I restore the original...