Windows 10: Application "Photos" - only photo preview

Discus and support Application "Photos" - only photo preview in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello. If I have photo files and movies mixed in the folder or loosely on the desktop, the default application "Photos" shows me a preview not only of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jacht, May 16, 2020.

1. jacht Win User

Application "Photos" - only photo preview

Hello.

If I have photo files and movies mixed in the folder or loosely on the desktop, the default application "Photos" shows me a preview not only of photos, but also screenshots of the first frames of the movies. How can I change the settings of this application so that it only shows photos and ignores video files.

For example, the default photo viewer in Windows 7 completely ignored video files. Is such a change in the current build of Windows 10 possible, or do I need to look for other third-party photo viewers?

Thanks for the help.

:)

jacht, May 16, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

New Memorex Mirror for Photos Simplifies Photo Backup

Today’s consumers are looking for simple technology solutions that allow them to swiftly and safely back up their ever-growing digital photo collection. With a quick, one-time software installation, the Memorex Mirror for Photos external hard drive automatically backs up photos when connected to the computer without having to open numerous settings, dialogs or having to navigate multiple menus.

Mirror for Photos is a fast, smart and maintenance-free method of backing up photos and takes the guesswork out of protecting one’s precious memories. Its built-in software automatically runs each time the device is connected to a PC or MAC, finds photos and backs them up. This eliminates the hassle of manually backing up photos each time they are uploaded on a computer. A unique monitoring feature detects when new photos are present and reminds the user to connect Mirror for Photos.

Application "Photos" - only photo preview 116a_thm.jpg

“As people’s digital libraries continue to grow, they understand how critical it is to preserve those moments, yet are often intimidated with the notion of backing up,” said Jess Walton, Memorex brand manager. “Mirror for Photos provides even non tech-savvy users with a quick, simple and maintenance-free method for backing up and protecting precious memories.”

Mirror for Photos’ compact, space-saving design – at 3x5x1/2 inches – also eliminates the need for power cords, thanks to its simple USB-bus powered connection. The product’s user-inspired packaging also boasts easy-to-understand icons that convey product features, attributes and applications.

Memorex Mirror for Photos is available in three sizes, 320GB, 500GB and 640GB, or an estimated capacity of 64,000, 100,000 and 128,000 high-resolution photos* respectively. Mirror for Photos (320GB model) is currently available at Toys“R”Us. Suggested retail prices for capacities are:
    • $79.99 for the 320GB Mirror for Photos
    • $99.99 for the 500GB Mirror for Photos
    • $119.99 for the 640GB Mirror for Photos

btarunr, May 16, 2020
  3. Photo preview

Is this issue specific to Windows Photo Viewer or all applications?

How did you get Windows Photo Viewer back on Windows 10 Technical Preview?

I would suggest you to perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Clean boot will check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
    Note: Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot “to reset computer as usual.

Hope this helps.

Ganesh Achar B, May 16, 2020
  4. Application "Photos" - only photo preview

Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Application "Photos" - only photo preview

1. Application "Photos" - only photo preview - Similar Threads - Application Photos photo

2. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  3. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    APPLICATION PHOTO: Mon application microsoft photo a disparu de mon ordinateur sous windows 10 V22H2 pour x64. Après essai de téléchargement, celui ci n'abouti pas, suite à erreur code 0x803FB005. Comment puis-je réinstaller cette appli?...
  4. APPLICATION PHOTO

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Photos Application

Photos Application: Where in Windows settings can I find a list of what photos and videos that are added into a Album? Regards, Alan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application/605e4340-eeb0-4a42-80d8-af2ed5059635
  6. Photos Application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Photos Application: Since I applied the latest update to the photos application today, the On This Day tile has disappeared from the ribbon on the top of the Collection screen and was replaced by a Recent tile. I want to get the On This Day tile back and remove the Recent one!!!!...
  7. Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy

Microsoft Photos Application only saving as copy: Hello, I would like to know how to change my Microsoft Photos App to save video trims with"Save as" instead of "Saving a copy" If this cannot be done, please explain why. Thank you, Kevin 1. Open video with Photos, Edit & Create > Trim [ATTACH] 2. Only option I get...
  8. photo preview only working on some

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    photo preview only working on some: some photo previews aren't working and some will only work on medium and not large extra large. have checked that setting to only show the preview not icons....
  9. Photos Application

Photos Application: If the Photos application is not working correctly, how can I backup all of the album names and the links that they contain to my photos and videos so that they can be restored after a reset/reinstall of the photos application? Kind Regards, Alan...
  10. Photos Application.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos Application.: After the last Windows upgrade, when editing RAW files or downloading JPEG or JPG files or taking a screenshot the only file in the "Photos" APP. that I'm able to see are PNG files. is there a way to go back to the old settings JPEG/JPG? Please help & thank you....