Windows 10: application run as admin

Discus and support application run as admin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Team, i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application. 1. i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ChetanGawali, Dec 6, 2018.

1. application run as admin

Hi Team,

i have windows10 pro 64 bit operation system and part of domain account. i facing below mentioned issues while open the application.

1. i have installed that application using local administrator profile

2. but when my user login with domain user profile and trying to open that application, it asking for user name and password.

3. i wanted to run that application without asking any user name and password.

please check and revert with the proper resolution.

Thanks,

Chetan Gawali

:)

ChetanGawali, Dec 6, 2018

2. Allow Standard User run application as admin

we have a shortcut that is calling a .exe file that requires admin rights by the UAC. I would like to be able to run the application without any admin rights or give the standard user admin rights only to this .exe. What we have done and failed.

1. Application properties >> security >> Advanced >> Permissions >> Full Control<br>
      to local group A (which includes the user) and user by them self.
      1. Gave ownership of folder to local Group A.
      2. I looked in Regedit and I see the user, and they have full control for that application.
      3. have checked run as admin and unchecked too.
        We do not want to use /savecred because of security risk. What other steps can we take to find a solution.

Window 10 and on a domain

coco minion, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Junaid_A Win User

application run as admin

How to run blocked application in Win 10 - Bitdefender

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

I suggest you to follow the steps listed below and check if it works:

Enable the Built-in Admin:

• Right click on the Windows icon on the taskbar and select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’.
    • Copy paste the following command and hit enter:
    net user administrator /active:yes

• Sign out from your main account and login to the ‘Administrator’ account that is enabled.
    • Run Bitdefender.
    • Once it’s enabled, sign out from the ‘Administrator’ account and login to your main account.
    • Open ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’ and type the following command to disable the built-in admin:
    net user administrator /active:no

• Close the ‘Command Prompt’ window.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Junaid_A, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

application run as admin

1. application run as admin - Similar Threads - application run admin

2. Run as Admin for Non Admin user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run as Admin for Non Admin user: We have an app called 2020 on local machines and there are catalogs that need to be updated monthly. The catalogs are in the Azure cloud server. I was hoping to use this option runas /user:ComputerName\Username /savecred "C:\path\to\app.exe but the app is app to do the...
  3. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  4. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications: It says i'm an administrator but nothing works, the command prompt doesn't make it work, the control panel doesn't work and the registry editor doesn't work, what are my options?I need admin privileges to fix missing important files....
  5. Windows wont let me run admin privileged applications

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Stopping an application from running on admin

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stopping an application from running on admin: When I go to properties, shortcuts, and then advanced I uncheck the box and then click done. But after I click done I check to see if it worked and the box ticked itself automatically. Please help....
  7. [help] No sound when running application as admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] No sound when running application as admin: When I run an application as an admin you will usually here that sound after u right click the application and press run as administrator. My pc is not doing that how do I fix this? Another example is when I click my volume meter in the bottom right (0-100) it usually makes...
  8. How to run installed application without admin password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to run installed application without admin password: We have installed HIkvision NVR with 4 IP cameras. We are using the application tool called SADP but it is always asking for admin user and password. I want to install this application on end user laptop that does not has admin. Is there a workaround to open it without...
  9. How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?

How to make an application to run as admin on all PCs?: I have a made a small software for personal use but I want to run it as an Administrator on all computers. Not just through Right-Click -> Properties -> Compatibility -> Run this Program as a an Administrator. I want it like always run this program as an administrator...
  10. All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin"

All applications only run when clicking "Run as Admin": I got this issue a few days ago, after my dad accidentally shared my entire hard drive. Now, whatever application I run, I have to right click it, and run as an admin, or I get an error or the application doesn't run at all. The thing is, I'm the only admin on my computer....