Windows 10: Application running as a background process.

Discus and support Application running as a background process. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CGmach, Oct 2, 2020.

1. CGmach Win User

Application running as a background process.

I am trying to use JDA Space Planning Plus. Yesterday it was working just fine, then a random restart on my Windows 10 PC happened. Now when I try to run the program, no window opens. When I open the task manager, it is taking up significant CPU and memory running as a background process.

I have tried:

- Restart the computer

- Run as Admin

- Uninstall and reinstall

- Try to restart and use in safe mode.

Nothing is working for me. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I sit at work unable to do my job.

:)

CGmach, Oct 2, 2020

2. Desktop app runs as background process?

Thank you for your reply, Joy.

I tried what you suggested and unfortunately my application isn't listed there. It's not a Windows 10 app, but an older 32-bit application that should run in windowed mode, but for some reason when I double click its icon it starts as a background process
    instead of a windowed app. That happens in most of the cases, fortunately, at the end it somehow starts as a desktop app. But I cannot reproduce this behavior.

As a temporary solution, to keep it in windowed mode I never shut the computer down, but instead I leave the application running and put the computer to sleep.

Is there a setting to instruct Windows to run my application as a desktop application and not as a background process? Thank you.

Regards,

A

useless-me, Oct 2, 2020
  3. Davidk03 Win User
    Program running a background process?

I'm running Corel Video Studio 2018, and it's updates function shows characteristics of a background process:

- the program has an auto check daily plus a manual option for updates

- manually checked, presented with an option of downloading an update and Ok'd, evidence of any activity vanishes from the program workspace, yet the connected internet modem activity light begins running hot as the download happens

- it's repeatable over several up-date cycles

The evidence seems to suggest a background activity - whilst the program/PC is free to use for other things. Several software packages do this.

However, a check in task manager/processes, show all, does not display any info of a related background process for any Corel or Video Studio program. If a background process is being used by the software, MUST it be listed in the task manager/processes
    list?

Platform is windows 7 home sp1 64bit plus the important patches.

Davidk03, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Application running as a background process.

Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Application running as a background process.

1. Application running as a background process. - Similar Threads - Application running background

2. background process is running on windows startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    background process is running on windows startup: I am using coc coc and brave but coc coc update and brave update process keeps running in the background kinda goofy how should I stop them running in background and to stop from starting as the windows boot.Has anyone ever encountered anything like this and if yes how you...
  3. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  4. App running as background process

App running as background process: Hello,I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  5. App running as background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  6. App running as background process

App running as background process: Hello, I have been having an issue where I have an app that when opened, even when run as an administrator, runs as a background process and I am unable to actually use it. I have freshly re-installed the app numerous times and cleared out related files for fresh installs....
  7. Application turned into a background process

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application turned into a background process: Application to run when the UI interface disappeared, turned into a background process. This is what reason, how to make this phenomenon will not happen?...
  8. Application turned into a background process

Application turned into a background process: Application to run when the UI interface disappeared, turned into a background process. This is what reason, how to make this phenomenon will not happen?...
  9. Application turned into a background process

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Background Processes Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Background Processes Running: I bought my laptop recently and yesterday they installed Microsoft 365 and today is the first time I am using it and there are 91 background processes in my task manager. Why do I have 91 background processes running in Task Manager when I have only just booted up my...