Windows 10: Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves

Discus and support Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is going to be a question with some background information... I have a Logitech wireless headset and I run my gaming though there but still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Patrick Chick, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves

This is going to be a question with some background information...

I have a Logitech wireless headset and I run my gaming though there but still have music and system sounds coming through the main speakers. The main game I play is WoW and, in the in game settings, have chosen that the sound come through my headset.

What I have been noticing is that, from time to time, the application sound volume for WoW gets turned WAY down by itself. I do not adjust it and always have to bring back up the sound mixer to increase the volume.

Any idea as to what is causing it? This is an extreme pain in the butt to have to keep adjusting this.

:)

Patrick Chick, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Streaming video, sound adjust automatically

Hi Dannowa12,

Corrupted or outdated drivers may be the possible reason why the sound adjusted automatically. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Does this happen only when streaming videos?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: I suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot sound problems.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Aug 28, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves :p

cadaveca, Aug 28, 2019
  4. fireberd Win User

Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves

Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves

1. Application Sounds Adjusting By Themselves - Similar Threads - Application Sounds Adjusting

2. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...
  3. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings: I know that what i am writing might not be a question but because i could not reply to a question similar to mine , i wanted to be as helpful as possible to the ones that may face the same as problem as i did. First things first the type of screensaver that i am referring to...
  4. Adjusting screensaver sound independently from other applications or settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound adjustment icon

Sound adjustment icon: The icon on the task bar for sound adjustment does not open. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment-icon/7d9fff11-d541-49cb-8427-5bd2503f1874
  6. My top bar for applications is detached from the applications themselves

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My top bar for applications is detached from the applications themselves: Dear windows users, sorry for the convoluted title but I don't know how else to decribe this problem. The best is for me to upload an image for you to see. https://imgur.com/a/dC0qItR As you can see, there is a grey bar on top of the top bar of the application. How do I solve...
  7. Sound issues -- adjustments?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound issues -- adjustments?: A friend of mine finds that his sound is uneven. If he plays, for example, a YouTube video, his sound might be perfector, annoyingly, too low and adjusting the volume to 100% still doesnt work well. Is there any other adjustment worth trying? (W10 Pro 20H2) Mel 171923
  8. Sound issues -- adjustments?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sound issues -- adjustments?: A friend of mine finds that his sound is uneven. If he plays, for example, a YouTube video, his sound might be perfector, annoyingly, too low and adjusting the volume to 100% still doesnt work well. Is there any other adjustment worth trying? (W10 Pro 20H2) Mel 171923
  9. Sound adjustment

Sound adjustment: How to adjust treble & bass sounds mixer. Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-adjustment/1735b9ea-579b-4524-81b4-7c7c75c0fdd2
  10. Change Sound adjustment accuracy

Change Sound adjustment accuracy: how to change sound adjustment accuracy to 1percent instead of 2? (2 percents is by default) when adjusting sound with mouse weel or keyboard shortkeys it always only change sound by 2 percents so I can't adjust sound to 1% with either of these. Yes, I am able to change...