Windows 10: Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?

Discus and support Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have been OK with Windows XP on my old P4 PCs 2GB RAM (standalone No Internet) that I use for basic word processing and Photo Editing (mainly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by KenithO, Feb 24, 2017.

1. KenithO Win User

Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions?

Hi,

I have been OK with Windows XP on my old P4 PCs 2GB RAM (standalone No Internet) that I use for basic word processing and Photo Editing (mainly with FastStone Image Viewer FastStone Image Viewer - Powerful and Intuitive Photo Viewer, Editor and Batch Converter), but would like to upgrade to Windows 10 for more software options.
    Am starting to do my homework and just read "Windows 10: Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop" Which version of Windows is best for my old Dell Latitude D620 laptop? - Page 2 - Windows 10 Forums
    I was encouraged when read Fafhrd 's PC system specs and noticed "CPU: Intel socket 775 Pentium 4 540 HT 3200 Prescott " which is similar to mine.
    For Windows XP I have found "Mini WinXP" that comes with Hiren's 15.2 Hiren's BootCD Fan & Discussion Platform on a bootable USB drive to be the fastest for many things.
    Does anyone know if there is anything similar for Windows 10?
    If not any suggestions for reducing Windows 10?
    Thanks
    Ken

:)

KenithO, Feb 24, 2017

2. Specific applications flash in Windows 10.

Hi Austin,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, please follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: To diagnose whether this issue occurs in
    “Safe Mode”, let’s reboot the computer in safe mode and check if the issue appears there as well.

Safe mode is a diagnostic mode for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. This helps us in identifying whether the issue is due to some third party programs conflict.
    The word Safe mode appear in the concern of your monitor to identify which windows mode you are using.

Follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Type settings in search and click on Settings.

• Click Update and recovery, and then tap or
      click Recovery.

• Under Advanced startup, tap or click Restart now.

• Once your PC restarts, on the Choose an option screen, tap or click
      Troubleshoot.

• If you don't see the Startup Settings option, tap or click
      advanced options.

• Tap or click Startup Settings.

• Tap or click Restart.

• On the Startup Settings screen, choose the
      Safe Mode.

• Sign in to your PC with a user account that has
      administrator rights.

Step 2: If the issue does not appear in safe mode, place the computer in clean boot state and check if the issue reappears.

Placing your system in “Clean Boot” state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Let us know how it goes, we’ll be glad o assist you further.

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Specific applications flash in Windows 10.

Hi Austin,

The issue is occurring only in certain apps on your computer and as per your post, the issue started after you had done a factory reset on your computer. The factory reset had corrupted the Windows system files and Windows store app files on your computer.

For a diagnostic purpose, uninstall and reinstall one of those effected applications on your computer. For example try to uninstall and reinstall the Minecraft from Windows store, then run the Minecraft App and check if the issue still occurs.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

AntonyJose, Feb 24, 2017
  4. KenithO Win User

Normally I cut and paste and then remove any irregularities by using "remove format".

Tried this in "preview post" but did not work.

Would appreciate suggestions!!!

Thanks

Ken

KenithO, Feb 24, 2017
  5. dalchina New Member
    - to Hiren's Boot CD?

- see Kyhi's boot disk (DVD/USB drive) - see the top of the Software and Apps section in this forum.

dalchina, Feb 25, 2017
  6. KenithO Win User
    Hi dalchina
    “see Kyhi's boot disk (DVD/USB drive) - see the top of the Software and Apps section in this forum”
    Thanks for the tip!!!
    For any other beginners, it is in the Sticky Threads (which is a Good Reason beginners should read this section 1st) and has title “Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk” by Kyhi 21 Oct 2015. Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk
    Interesting that I never found it when Googled.
    Thanks again for your help!!!
    Ken
    PS did my cut and paste in MS Word then cleared etc.

KenithO, Feb 26, 2017
  7. Bree New Member
    Welcome to TenForums @KenithO
    Another 'must read' for all 'beginners' is the Tutorials section.
    Windows 10 Tutorials

8. KenithO Win User

Hi Bree,

“Another 'must read' for all 'beginners' is the Tutorials section. Windows 10 Tutorials

Thanks much for the welcome, tip, and link!!!

As beginner need all help can get!!!

Ken

KenithO, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Application Specific Windows 10 Suggestions? - Similar Threads - Application Specific Suggestions

2. Windows 11 will not mute specific applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not mute specific applications: Hi - title says it all, and you shouldn't need any other information about my system to answer this. Based on this post - - I tried the following suggested steps:1. restart the application:Sometimes, the volume settings in Volume Mixer may not take effect immediately. Try...
  3. Windows 11 will not mute specific applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not mute specific applications: Hi - title says it all, and you shouldn't need any other information about my system to answer this. Based on this post - - I tried the following suggested steps:1. restart the application:Sometimes, the volume settings in Volume Mixer may not take effect immediately. Try...
  4. SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS DONT OPEN

SPECIFIC APPLICATIONS DONT OPEN: Thanks if u could help me I have a problem when I run an app a specific applicationi t doesn't open what so ever it doesn't even show or run the app just runs for a second or so in the task manger and closes I faced this problem in the past but I have noticed that when I run...
  5. Problems with applications on a specific drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with applications on a specific drive: I've installed a new drive SSD in my PC. When using fullscreen applications installed on it, my keybinds from various softwares stop working. Also, I use a program to increase digital vibrance, and it doesn't detect the applications running in this drive....
  6. Problems with applications on a specific drive

Problems with applications on a specific drive: I've installed a new drive SSD in my PC. When using fullscreen applications installed on it, my keybinds from various softwares stop working. Also, I use a program to increase digital vibrance, and it doesn't detect the applications running in this drive....
  7. Problems with applications on a specific drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hide the Taskbar in Specific Applications?: Does anyone here know how to Hide the Taskbar in specific applications and NOT the desktop screen? For exmaple, I want to use firefox without the Taskbar shows up (only when my mouse is at the bottom), but I want the taskbar to appear static when I'm on the desktop screen so...
  9. Snap application windows to specific places.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snap application windows to specific places.: I have a laptop at work with two external monitors. I like to have apps set in specific places on certain screens. But when I undock my laptop to go to meetings or such, when I get back all apps are on the main screen of my 3 screen setup and I have to reconfigure them all...
  10. Assigning Application to Specific Desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Assigning Application to Specific Desktop: Is there any way to restrict a specific application to a specific desktop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/assigning-application-to-specific-desktop/f7e08427-455e-4c78-b1bd-806c6f4c1557