Windows 10: Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

Discus and support Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ever since I upgraded from windows 7, even after reinstalling each of these individual pieces of software I'm having problems with windows 10 failing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Glassjaw, Oct 14, 2018.

1. Glassjaw Win User

Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10.

Ever since I upgraded from windows 7, even after reinstalling each of these individual pieces of software I'm having problems with windows 10 failing to properly start programs.

For example, my NVIDIA control panel does launch, but it no longer automatically applies my custom desktop color settings, I have to open it manually on boot now and click "Use Nvidia Settings" under "Display -> Adjust Desktop Color Settings". Even though it's already checked, my settings don't go into effect until I press the button.

My Logitech "LCore" program does not start up on it's own anymore, so my mouse DPI and keybinds are all default until I manually launch the app each time.

My Discord DOES auto-launch, but it continually hangs and never manages to connect until I cancel it and manually re-launch the program.

I think it has something to do with how Windows 10 handles administrator control but I don't know enough to say why. One other issue I have is that I'm no longer able to click and drag any files into browsers. For example with google drive, on windows 7 I was able to drag a file into the window to upload it, now I have to perform that manually via browsing to the file I wish to upload, this also applies to applications such as Audacity, I cannot drag mp3s or audio files into the window.

Any help is appreciated.

:)

Glassjaw, Oct 14, 2018
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Champ Win User
    Win 7 startup

First, I have yet to personally use Win 7. I'm working on a computer with it and it's taking it forever to start like it's hung. After the screen with the scrolling bar, it stays there. They said the computer was randomly blue screen and I did a HD test and it said it was okay. What's up with the startup?

Champ, Oct 14, 2018
  4. Jererermy Win User

Upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10 Puzzle

Ok, so here is my problem.

I currently have my 1.5 TB hdd partitioned in half. The first half is blank, and the second half has Windows 7 installed and activated. Unfortunately, I learned that I cannot combine the 2 partitions back together to diminish the partition split and maximize
    my hdd space like intended because I am only able to increase the first partition or shrink the 2nd.

So my problem is that I would like to upgrade from my Windows 7 to Windows 10 (which I am fairly confident in how to do it) but I need to use the free upgrade available to me to install Windows 10 to the 1st partition and not the 2nd one.

I created a USB bootable Windows 10 using the Windows 10 setup tool, but it gives me the following warning:

• If you are going to install Win 10 on your PC clean for the first time, you'll need a Win 10 product key.
    • If you are going to upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10, you won't need to enter a product key.
    The problem is that I need to sort of do both. I want to upgrade my Windows 7 to Windows 10 but on the 1st partition instead of the 2nd one that currently has Windows 7.

Does anyone have any helpful suggestions for me?!

Jererermy, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

1. Application startup problems after upgrading from Win 7 to 10. - Similar Threads - Application startup problems

2. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  3. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10: HelloI have faced a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10error code : 0x80070008 - 0x3001A Dell laptop Inspiron 3542D8BW912Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-problem-during-upgrade-from-win-7-to-win-10/d4a50ed9-eac9-432f-85a8-1c25d94b8ab4
  4. a problem during upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    After upgrading to Win 10 from win 7 Device & driver problem: I am on HP96After upgrade to Win 10 KB button for disabling/enabling wjfi stopped responding ? Any help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-upgrading-to-win-10-from-win-7-device-driver/70be9f6b-305b-4504-b6f1-ed0c29369104
  6. Problems opening msword files after the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problems opening msword files after the upgrade from Win 7 to Win 10.: When I try to open an msword document that was pre-existing on my document files a box pops up. It says, "Microsoft Word isn't your default program for viewing and editing documents. Do you want to select the file types that Work should open?" Then there is the Yes and No...
  7. All startup items are missing from Win 10 after upgrade from Win 7

All startup items are missing from Win 10 after upgrade from Win 7: I just upgraded (using the MediaCreationTool1909) my Win 7 Home Premium desktop to Win 10 (1909 , 18363.476) yesterday. Before upgrading I disabled all windows startup items and all non-MS services in msconfig (performing a clean boot before the upgrade). I was happy that the...
  8. Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10

Activation problem after upgrading from Win 7 to Win 10: When I check activation it shows "Unable to reach Windows activation servers". I have wireless connection thru router, in fact I logged into this forum and entered this post on laptop with the problem (#1 system info in profile). Any ideas? 141839
  9. Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10

Restore After Upgrade From Win 7 To Win 10: The question is about performing a system restore after upgrading to Windows 10 from 7. If one: Upgrades to Windows 10 THEN performs a system restore ... will the system restore with Windows 10 or will it revert back to an earlier version, in this case Win 7? If it...
  10. BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade from win 7 to win 10: I have a pc I built myself that's been running on windows 7 without any issues whatsoever. I've left this pc on for a week at a time without a bluescreen or even shutdowns. Ever since I've upgraded to windows 10, I've been getting store exception errors every day or two....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. programs crash after upgrading from win 7 to win 10