Windows 10: Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip

Discus and support Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Using Windows 10 Version 1903: A small box appears over my applications providing information on the application. It looks like a simple mouseover,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by John Gnash, May 18, 2020.

1. Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip

Using Windows 10 Version 1903:

A small box appears over my applications providing information on the application. It looks like a simple mouseover, and when I left click on it and then left click anywhere on the screen it moves to that location on the screen. It opens with any application, and it first showed up immediately after a restart so I'm not sure restarting my computer will help. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I also notice that a notification sound plays whenever I switch apps or click on a different app. I'm assuming its part of the same setting as the mouseover as this is the first time I've noticed it.

:)

John Gnash, May 18, 2020

2. Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip

Using Windows 10 Version 1903:

A small box appears over my applications providing information on the application. It looks like a simple mouseover, and when I left click on it and then left click anywhere on the screen it moves to that location on the screen. It opens with any application, and it first showed up immediately after a restart so I'm not sure restarting my computer will help. How do I get rid of it?

Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: I also notice that a notification sound plays whenever I switch apps or click on a different app. I'm assuming its part of the same setting as the mouseover as this is the first time I've noticed it.

John Gnash, May 23, 2020
  3. Tooltips in Notification Tray In Windows 10

Is there a way to get these back? I now mouseover my icons in the notification tray area in windows 10 and no tooltip is visible. Some of these apps I use display important information, such as VPN Port information, in these tooltips that I can no longer
    see in Windows 10. Anyone know of a registry fix to reenable these?

PartTimeTechie, May 23, 2020
  4. Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip

Persistent tooltip

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that tooltip has started appearing on your screen and which came right click menu in Windows.
    I can imagine the inconvenience you are experiencing and will certainly help you in the right direction to fix the issue.

Please follow the Troubleshooting Method and check if its helps.

Method 1: Adjusting Windows for best Performance.

Please follow the steps mentioned below:

• Press Windows Key + R.
    • Type Sysdm.cpl.
    • Go to Advance Tab and click on Performance settings.
    • Set for Adjust for best performance.
    • Click ok and Apply.
    If the issue persist please follow next method.

Method 2: Disable Show shadows under Menus.

Please follow the steps mentioned below>

• Right click My Computer.

• Select Properties.

• Go to the Advanced tab.

• Click the Settings button in the section labeled "Performance".

• Disable Show shadows under menus.
    Hope this information is helpful, if the issue persist please write us back with the information in brief so that we can assist you further.

Morris Subba, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip

1. Application/Tab Mouseover Tooltip - Similar Threads - Application Tab Mouseover

2. Windows 11 Mouseover messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mouseover messages: since installing Windows 11, I get numerous random mouseover messages whenever the mouse point moves over the taskbar. The message appears wherever the pointer touches the taskbar, but is not related to its position on the taskbar. On the image below, you can see I get the...
  3. Windows 11 Mouseover messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mouseover messages: since installing Windows 11, I get numerous random mouseover messages whenever the mouse point moves over the taskbar. The message appears wherever the pointer touches the taskbar, but is not related to its position on the taskbar. On the image below, you can see I get the...
  4. tooltips in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    tooltips in taskbar: Anyone now how to stop tooltips when hovering over taskbar; Always in the way and never adding anything of value? I see the question appearing since a long time. So by now MS should have been able to present some solution... regedit??...
  5. lighter gray level on tabs and overlay mouseover, USB-C hub with HDMI

in Windows 10 Support
    lighter gray level on tabs and overlay mouseover, USB-C hub with HDMI: I don't know exactly how to name the problem. But I have a Surface Pro 7 and I connect it to a Panasonic TV with HDMI using USB-C HUB with HDMI out. I have 2 hubs. One is correctly displaying, the other not so well. The problem is for example when you are on Amazon with...
  6. Tooltips in Courrier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tooltips in Courrier: Tooltips in Courrier I would like to speak with someone who is familiar with "Courrier" the email application provided with Windows 10. The more pressing question that brings me here, is this: Is it possible to disable the appearance of tooltips when hovering over a...
  7. desktop tooltips

desktop tooltips: Is there a way to increase the size of tooltips without increasing the size of all text? I am on a standard Desktop PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tooltips/48479318-d788-4eff-bcea-7ccf6a9d2aad
  8. Tooltip Duration

Tooltip Duration: I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and we want to see the...
  9. Failed tooltips

in Windows 10 Support
    Failed tooltips: Hi guys - I'm new here! I'd just like to say I'm still disappointed with the build quality of the new generation of Windows starting with Windows ME. They still haven't got it working seamlessly! This time I'd like to complain about the recurrent problem of tooltips that...
  10. No tooltips appear

in Windows 10 Support
    No tooltips appear: Looks like I spoke too soon - it's gone again. Seems to come and go randomly, sometimes works again after reboot and sometimes not. 24856