Windows 10: application to hide and unhide files in folders

Discus and support application to hide and unhide files in folders in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi. Our genealogy society has hundreds of folders with jpeg images of sacramental records like baptisms. To the public, we are only allowed to show... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by marktmcdonough, Mar 29, 2021.

1. application to hide and unhide files in folders

Hi. Our genealogy society has hundreds of folders with jpeg images of sacramental records like baptisms. To the public, we are only allowed to show records that are 70 years old or older. That means we have to copy over a new year's worth of records for all the books every January. So we have two sets of folders: one that contains all the images and one that cuts off currently at records prior to 1952.

What we would like to do is hide records after 1951 in a single folder and then unhide just the 1952 records when January comes around. I have looked at a couple applications but so far they are too complicated for us to use. Also hide and unhide using the Windows attribute command seems very laborious for so many folders.

Any suggestions? Thank you! Windows 10 version 10.0.19042

:)

marktmcdonough, Mar 29, 2021

2. Unable To Unhide Hidden Folders

solved

They were marked as system files by virus so i wasnt able to see.. i enabled to view system files in options then i can see folder but yet cant unhide.

i googled and found solution.

I tried attrib -s -h folder name & it worked for that folder. Then I tried attrib -s -h /s /d which did all the folders, sub-folders in a single go.

freebird_9924, Mar 29, 2021
  3. erixx Win User
    Show / hide files HELP..

ALL THIS because Folder Options does not work I suppose???? I hide and unhide often just clicking the appropiate options there.

erixx, Mar 29, 2021
  4. Towly Win User

application to hide and unhide files in folders

Lost files, Win7 x64, serious issue!

You say there is a shortcut to the folder that was present right? To see your hidden files/folders
    Tools -> folder options -> View Untick the Hide protected operating system files.
    It's probably a virus. And to unhide the file/folders use command prompt: attrib (file/folder name) -r -a -s -h that will unhide the file/folder the properties dialog box to unhide the items is greyd out.

Towly, Mar 29, 2021
Thema:

application to hide and unhide files in folders

1. application to hide and unhide files in folders - Similar Threads - application hide unhide

2. how to unhide a file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to unhide a file: my documents folder decided to become hidden for no aparent reason and its been causing lots of issues. now i finaly found my way into its propertys and the hidden box is checked and faded so i cant actualy un check it. any help is realy apreciated...
  3. how to unhide a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to unhide a file: my documents folder decided to become hidden for no aparent reason and its been causing lots of issues. now i finaly found my way into its propertys and the hidden box is checked and faded so i cant actualy un check it. any help is realy apreciated...
  4. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  5. Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly

Windows11 Taskbar “hide" and "unhide" does not work properly: Hi, there. I'd like to report a problem I'm having on all my laptops and desktops running windows 11.When I am using Microsoft Edge Chromium, 4K video Downloader, and a number of other apps with the windows maximized, the taskbar does not hide or unhide properly. For example,...
  6. Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?: If I were to hide/rename/tamper with it in any way, the application just uninstalls itself. Any way to hide it without this happening? Thanks...
  7. Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?

Is there any way to hide an application from the "Program Files" folder?: If I were to hide/rename/tamper with it in any way, the application just uninstalls itself. Any way to hide it without this happening? Thanks...
  8. Will there be any harm in unhiding a folder that Windows hides automatically?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Will there be any harm in unhiding a folder that Windows hides automatically?: Will my PC be harmed if I unhide the hidden folder located at C:/Users/<username>/AppData ? submitted by /u/drivingmorans123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lha0ss/will_there_be_any_harm_in_unhiding_a_folder_that/
  9. To Hide or Unhide Folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    To Hide or Unhide Folders: In my user folder (ex: C:\Users\...) there are many .xxxx files from various programs I've installed. It would be nice to actually use my user folder, but with so many different program files the folder becomes a bit of a mess. I can easily make a folder and its contents...
  10. Hide/Unhide windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hide/Unhide windows 10 update: Hello, So i hide the windows 10 april update but today i wanted to unhide it and give it another try but the program says i dont have any updates hidden. And im sure it did hide the april update. What to do? 110580