Windows 10: Application Unable to Start

Discus and support Application Unable to Start in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I downloaded Opera Installer, clicked on the fie to open it and was told "Application Error" - the application is unable to start correctly error... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by KCav45, Feb 1, 2021.

1. KCav45 Win User

Application Unable to Start

I downloaded Opera Installer, clicked on the fie to open it and was told "Application Error" - the application is unable to start correctly error 0x00000005. This file has been downloaded thousnads of times; my system is clean and Scannow reports no integrity violations. I shut-off Windows Defender and tried again. It still did not start, nothing happened. How can I find out what is preventing the Opera browser from starting?

:)

KCav45, Feb 1, 2021
  2. AndreTen Win User

Office 365 programs: Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000142

He already did that. The list of what the OP tried is long and it includes pretty much everything I'm aware of *Sad

How about temporary disable AV and any antiransomware product, and run Office repair again?

Edit: just now have i finished reading the part of the post describing how you deleted Windows.old.
    This could be related. Normally, Windows doesn't need that old installation, but in some cases, some files could be needed..

Try with Repair install of the Windows.

AndreTen, Feb 1, 2021
  3. John Vil Win User
    0xc0000142 Application unable to start correctly

We would like to verify if you have tried the steps that were provided by
    Andre Da Costa
    on how to perform a repair of your Windows 10 using a media creation tool from the link posted above. If yes, then the next suggestion we have for you is to start the applications/games in
    compatibility mode. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on file (giving games application error 0xc0000142).
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on the Compatibility tab.
    • Click on Run Compatibility Troubleshooter if the games work save the settings if not continue.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program in compatibility mode for

compatibility troubleshooting.
    • Select the operating system to which the driver is available.
    • Put a check mark on Run this program as an administrator under
      Privilege Level.
    • Click on Apply and then exit.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Feb 1, 2021
  4. Application Unable to Start

The application was unable to start correctly

hi,
    i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi

Application Unable to Start [​IMG]

HAROON2015, Feb 1, 2021
Thema:

Application Unable to Start

1. Application Unable to Start - Similar Threads - Application Unable Start

2. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150004: Hi, everyone Can you help me to fix this problem I cant open anyone program or other I cant open the system configuration I cant install the program...nothing Thank you for the help advance! 179013
  3. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150004

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150004: Hi, everyoneCan you help me to fix this problem I cant open anyone program or other I cant open the system configurationI cant install the program...nothingThank you for the help advance!...
  4. "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b": installed Minecraft for the fist time on this computer, and I downloaded java but now it says "the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b" I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work at all :[...
  5. the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b

the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b: the application was unable to start correctly 0xc00007b pops up when I try to open a certain game. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/69732cb4-5f6e-44d0-a17d-031e41404716
  6. The application was unable to start correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The application was unable to start correctly: can someone help im trying to download a game and it keeps saying that every time, i tried running it as administrator and i tried doing sfc /scannow it sayed there was a problem but that it fixed it submitted by /u/Scrubby32 [link] [comments]...
  7. The application was unable to start 0xc000007b.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The application was unable to start 0xc000007b.: Installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 2020 and will not open comes up with application error The application was unable to start 0xc000007b. Custom built computer. Windows 10 Pro 64-bit operating system....
  8. The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000xxx

The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000xxx: Hi. When I start Adobe products, for example Photoshop, After Effects, it crashes all other opened programs browser, windows explorer. I get this type of errors: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000012d The application was unable to start correctly...
  9. The application was unable to start correctly

The application was unable to start correctly: hi, i am getting this error when i start a application DialogDevi [img] 83258
  10. 0x0000022 application was unable to start correctly

0x0000022 application was unable to start correctly: I hope someone can help. I received an update for SmartFTP and updated. I have not used the application for months. After updating, I tried to run SmartFTP and up came the error message: The application was unable to start correctly 0x0000022 I checked other...