Windows 10: Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20

Discus and support Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm attempting to run Application Verifier appverif.exe against my 64 bit application in Windows 10. Application Verifier will not run. It exits... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gordon Smith, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20

I'm attempting to run Application Verifier appverif.exe against my 64 bit application in Windows 10. Application Verifier will not run. It exits immediately and does not display a window.

Running appverif.exe in Visual Studio, output displays: The program '[20432] appverif.exe' has exited with code 32 0x20

Error code 32 is "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

Initially I ran the existing appverif.exe in \windows\system32. I then installed the Windows Driver Kit and Windows 10 SDK 10.0.19041.0 for Windows 10, version 2004 to see if there would be improvement, but there hasn't been.

I've run appverif.exe from \windows\system32 and from \windows\syswow64.

appverif.exe was created Friday, ‎December ‎6, ‎2019.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro 19041.572

Thank you for any assistance provided.

:)

Gordon Smith, Nov 5, 2020
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Nov 5, 2020
  3. meloneum Win User
    BIOS error codes

So I have motherboard with installed small LED screen, which presents BIOS error codes.

Where can I find a list of those errors. And I don't mean beep codes, but the "number" codes.

Ex after installing sound card, the motherboard startup fails with the code 15.

Example picture of code is here.

meloneum, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Duyenhip Win User

Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

thanks
    I activated my Windows 10 from product key Windows 7

Duyenhip, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20

1. Application Verifier exits with error code 32 0x20 - Similar Threads - Application Verifier exits

2. Application error code

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Application error code: I just recently had this strange error code pop up and it isn't closing. I was wondering what I need to do to fix it. The code is 0x0000000058331F9F. No matter what I do, whether I press X or OK, it doesn't go away. What can I do to fix it? I wasn't doing anything besides...
  3. Application error code

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application error code: I just recently had this strange error code pop up and it isn't closing. I was wondering what I need to do to fix it. The code is 0x0000000058331F9F. No matter what I do, whether I press X or OK, it doesn't go away. What can I do to fix it? I wasn't doing anything besides...
  4. Application error code

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why I got csrss.exe error at application exit?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why I got csrss.exe error at application exit?: I faced a problem and I need your help. There is an exe application, which runs a .net socket, accepts and handles requests. I'm sending to this a "terminate" command, which stops the server, finalizes the threads, and terminates the application. It works usually, but...
  6. Unable to exit fullscreen applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to exit fullscreen applications: All of a sudden my computer became unable to exit out of full screen applications. When I press windows key and a number, I can see the apps that corresponds to it but I have to keep the windows key pressed or I will exit back to the full screen application. When I am stuck...
  7. Fatal application exit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fatal application exit: Whilst resetting my pc I keep getting the message fatal application error which halts the reset and cannot be removed without manually turning of the pc with the power button Not sure how to fix this Thanks...
  8. 32 Bit Applications?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    32 Bit Applications?: I'm currently using an activated version of windows 10 pro 64 bit. When I run any app or game, it is using the 32 bit version even though I downloaded the 64 bit version. Is there a fix to this?...
  9. Windows code 32 error with keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows code 32 error with keyboard: I was getting a code 39 error for a PS/2 keyboard following the latestest windows 10 update version 1803. The pc had been off for a couple of months and had been reset under an ealier version. The keyboard has not been changed and works on another windows pc. I read that...
  10. Code 32 Error on 1 System Driver

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Code 32 Error on 1 System Driver: A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32) how do i fix this as i found out it's on the mainboard of my PC and is there a way to reverse the damage so it can work. 98979