Windows 10: Application volume

Discus and support Application volume in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Everytime I start my computer or an application it chnages the volume of all applications. For example Apex Legends is supposed to be at 16. Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Odrozic-Boroda, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Application volume

Everytime I start my computer or an application it chnages the volume of all applications. For example Apex Legends is supposed to be at 16. Windows changes it from 0-10. If I then chnage the volume to 16 my microphone output volume gets set from 100 to 16. It is really annoying. Can someone please help me? Thank you in advance.

submitted by /u/Odrozic-Boroda
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Odrozic-Boroda, Oct 10, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

whoops i missed a step lol.

type in list volume..... your array volume should come up.... if so

type in Select volume 7
    assign

let me know if your volume is not there.

slyfox2151, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Taptiles Volume

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. After opening the game, right click on the sound icon in the taskbar and select "open volume mixer".

2. If the particular game is listed, turn down the volume and check the result.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Wungraileng Vashi, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Application volume

Volume for single Application is stuck at 10% of Device volume

Hey all,
    First time poster. Be gentle Application volume :)
    I have a problem with the slider for a specific application in Windows 10. It is always stuck at 10% of whatever the Device volume is set to.
    Example: If I set the Device volume to 30%, the specific Application will be stuck at 3%. When I say stuck, I mean, the slider always snaps back to that 3% (or whatever is 10% of Device volume).
    I have completely uninstalled and reinstall drivers, as well as hunted high and low for any reference to something similar.
    I have worked in IT for a number of years and never seen such an issue. I can sort of bypass the issue by using loudness levelling, but this is not ideal.
    The system is using Republic of Gamers Realtek High Definition Audio.
    No other application on the system has a similar problem, only this one. Which is: client_noenc.exe, otherwise known as Ultima Online. This is an old application, used on a free server. I should mention that I originally never had this problem, nor has anyone that I play with experienced the issue on any version of windows.

The first image shows the Device volume at 30% with Ultima Online stuck at 3%
    The second image shows the Device volume at 100% with Ultima Online stuck at 10%

Application volume [​IMG]

Application volume [​IMG]

Thanks for any help, suggestions or insight in to this really frustrating problem Application volume :)

JimmyTheHand, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

Application volume

1. Application volume - Similar Threads - Application volume

2. Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.: For example when i play something on google its fine then if i start playing something on discord at the same time my volume spikes to get really loud. Unsure how to fix this please help....
  3. Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume spiking when two applications play audio or videos.: For example when i play something on google its fine then if i start playing something on discord at the same time my volume spikes to get really loud. Unsure how to fix this please help....
  4. Volume mixer not muting applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  5. Volume mixer not muting applications

Volume mixer not muting applications: When I want an app to not play any audio, I go to the volume mixer and set its volume to zero. However this is not muting the app anymore, and when backing out of and re-entering the volume mixer, the volume is set to somewhere lower than the previous setting, but not...
  6. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  7. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

Volume changed when I switch to specfic application: Hi experts,My PC uses Win 10 with the latest sound driver. I play a game called WarThunder WT.When I launch WT, the volume is set to 28 every time. When I switched to other applications, they uses the main Windows volume. When I switch from other to WT, the volume is...
  8. Volume changed when I switch to specfic application

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Application not shwon in Volume Mixer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application not shwon in Volume Mixer: I've been trying to resolvew this issue for a fat minute.I've just finished resetting up my setup after switching my monitor stands, and i discovered that everything works apart from seeing my browser on the volume mixer.Browser Used: VivaldiDid it ever work: Yes it use to...
  10. Application not shwon in Volume Mixer

Application not shwon in Volume Mixer: I've been trying to resolvew this issue for a fat minute.I've just finished resetting up my setup after switching my monitor stands, and i discovered that everything works apart from seeing my browser on the volume mixer.Browser Used: VivaldiDid it ever work: Yes it use to...