Windows 10: ",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application

Discus and support ",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Running Windows 10. All office products (Word, Excel...etc) suddenly stopped working and I am getting the error listed in my title. Looked all over the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kurt.w.m., Oct 11, 2018.

1. kurt.w.m. Win User

",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application

Running Windows 10. All office products (Word, Excel...etc) suddenly stopped working and I am getting the error listed in my title. Looked all over the place and tried some of the suggestions on youtube and other places without luck. Using these applications for a small business I need to have access to these tools.

I am paying Microsoft an annual fee to use these products but seems there is no way to request tech support, unless I am not seeing it.

Tried reboot

tried running sfc /runnow

register edit shows Loadappinit_DLLs set to 0 (zero)

Any suggestions what I should try?

PS. I may have posted this in the wrong category, but I could not find a Microsoft Office category....strange

:)

kurt.w.m., Oct 11, 2018
  2. RajenderG Win User

cmd.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application.

Most of the application not starting its included even cmd.exe, start menu, network, notepad.exe... nothing is opening and getiing like "cmd.exe - Application Error The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005). Click OK to close the application."

My system windows 10 licensed version.

RajenderG, Oct 11, 2018
  3. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5), click ok to close the application

I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7 this week, but after upgrade I get a lot of errors of the format:

The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000e5). CLick OK to close the application.

When I try to start up the majority of applications and even certain system apps like Event Viewer etc.

I've tried the following to resolve this:

• Clean up the registry using an application like Wise Registry CLeaner
    • Ran sfc /scannow against my C: drive
    • Ran chkdsk /f/r against my C: drive (took roughly 36 hours against my 1.8TB drive).
    But none of these have seemed to make any difference.

Does anyone know how to resolve this error or any recommendations? This error also prevents me from moving back to Win7 or resetting Windows.

Thanks!

hrocafella, Oct 11, 2018
  4. ",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application

"The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000022). Click OK to close the application." when accessing Quicken Willmaker application on Windows 10.

Original Title: Win 10 - The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000022). Click OK to close the application.

I have starting receiving this error message: The application was unable to start correctly (0x0000022). Click OK to close the application. when I try to access Quicken Willmaker (so far the only program where it occurs). If I go to
    the exe location and right click on it and run as an administrator it works fine.

JAMSBrooks, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application

1. ",,,application was unable to start correctly (Oxxc0000142)...click OK to close the application - Similar Threads - application was unable

2. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application: I tried some many things from youtube, stack overflow and so on . but nothing solved this promblem . Even i tried installing Microsoft Scanner and it shown there no malwares in your system even though , iam getting the same error try to solve the promblem...
  3. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0150002. click OK to close the application: I tried some many things from youtube, stack overflow and so on . but nothing solved this promblem . Even i tried installing Microsoft Scanner and it shown there no malwares in your system even though , iam getting the same error try to solve the promblem...
  4. How to fix: "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. Click OK to close...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix: "The application was unable to start correctly 0xc0000005. Click OK to close...: Hello,Recently, I am facing the Application Error 00xc0000005 pop-up while installing applications. Especially Epic Games Launcher and Riot Client. I don't know why this is happening. I have faced the same problem in my old Windows 7 Home Premium laptop. Also it hasn't...
  5. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b & 0xc000003e. Click ok to close...

in Windows 10 Customization
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b & 0xc000003e. Click ok to close...: The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b & 0xc000003e. Click ok to close the application. This error message is coming after resetting my pc. Please help. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b. click Ok to close the application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000007b. click Ok to close the application: Hi, I have installed Age of mythology 3 , but i am not able to run it. I have tried every means to solve it reinstalling the game, C++, .NET, running as administrator, compatibility, changing dll files etc., but unable to fix it. If some knows the solution please post it....
  7. Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.: Hello all. I've been facing this issue since last update 5 days ago. Before everything was working fine. I tried to install the application again, it worked for some time then became the same. please help....
  8. Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application Was unable to start correctly 0x0000005 click ok to close the application.: Hello all. I've been facing this issue since last update 5 days ago. Before everything was working fine. I tried to install the application again, it worked for some time then became the same. please help....
  9. The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000000e5. Click OK to close the application.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application was unable to start correctly 0xc000000e5. Click OK to close the application.: I have a problem at the start of laptop i have error oflibrary not found Shell32.ell when start or i try to open any application, e.g. excel, word, powerpoint, google chrome, or any that's liked with system32 folder i got the message The application was unable to start...
  10. The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000017). Click OK to close the application.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000017). Click OK to close the application.: I receive this error whenever I try to open a system tool like regedit, task manager and mmc.exe. I also can't access administrative programs from the control panel even though I'm the admin. Is there a way to solve this problem without resetting it? I'm using Windows 10...