Windows 10: Application will not download

Discus and support Application will not download in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so im trying to download valorant and this message keeps popping up. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dela-Cruz, May 5, 2020.

1. Application will not download

so im trying to download valorant and this message keeps popping up.

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

submitted by /u/Dela-Cruz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dela-Cruz, May 5, 2020

2. Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, May 5, 2020
  3. Can't download the movie I purchased for rental.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to download rented movies offline and check if that helps.

Steps:

1. Select the movie you want to rent and click on
      rent option
    2. Login using Microsoft account.
    3. Once you have signed in, you will have two option
      to stream
      or download movies to this device to watch offline.
    4. Select download movies to this device to watch offline and click on next.
    5. After Choosing the Next option and you will be asked for the payment option.
    6. Once the payment it done, open Movies & TV application to download the movie.

You will be able to watch the movie offline from
    Movies and TV application. When you rent, the viewing period is 14 days from the time of your order or 24-48 hours from the time you start to watch (depending on the content you select), whichever comes first.

If you still facing issues downloading the movies after following the above steps. I suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned below, to fix issues with Microsoft store.

Steps:

1. Open store application on your pc.
      2. Click on the ellipses on right top corner of the screen.
      3. Logout and login back.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, May 5, 2020
  4. Application will not download

Downloading applications

Hi,

We'd like to ask for additional information for us to determine what is causing this issue. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you using the built-in Windows Store to download the apps?
    • Did you get an error message or code when you tried to download an application?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes or installed updates before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, May 5, 2020
Thema:

Application will not download

1. Application will not download - Similar Threads - Application download

2. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  3. TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TeamViewer application downloads after I delete it every time and without my permission....: I have an issue with TeamViewer application being downloaded on my pcwindows 11 without permission and not being listed on installed apps. every time I delete the app from the folder it keeps re-downloading automatically. It down loads to appdata/Roaming every time in a...
  4. Application in Microsoft store i can't download

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Application in Microsoft store i can't download: I need to download application but when I press the download button no action was taken, I try another app and it download successfully. I tried to open it by browser but the same thing happened....
  5. Application in Microsoft store i can't download

Application in Microsoft store i can't download: I need to download application but when I press the download button no action was taken, I try another app and it download successfully. I tried to open it by browser but the same thing happened....
  6. Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications: HiLast month, Due to an audio driver issue & MS Store stuck on downloading, I completely reset my laptop using recovery method wiping and re-installing everything through windows recovery.Now, Microsoft Store fails to update apps or install new apps and any apps which I try...
  7. Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications

Microsoft Store not updating applications or even downloading new applications: HiLast month, Due to an audio driver issue & MS Store stuck on downloading, I completely reset my laptop using recovery method wiping and re-installing everything through windows recovery.Now, Microsoft Store fails to update apps or install new apps and any apps which I try...
  8. I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...: I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t canceling I’ve restarted the laptop and I’ve even shut it down but it’s still not canceling...
  9. I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...

I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t...: I’m trying to cancel the application I’m downloading on my asus mini laptop but isn’t canceling I’ve restarted the laptop and I’ve even shut it down but it’s still not canceling...
  10. Microsoft Defender will not allow me to download an application I need for work

Microsoft Defender will not allow me to download an application I need for work: Microsoft Defender will not allow me to download an application I need for work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-defender-will-not-allow-me-to-download/db938d62-2ee7-4afb-980b-b44e8635c046