Windows 10: Application window features

Discus and support Application window features in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am unable to gain access to desktop icon properties for many of my shortcuts. My associated application properties dialogs no longer have any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DMcG1849, Jun 29, 2019.

1. DMcG1849 Win User

Application window features

I am unable to gain access to desktop icon properties for many of my shortcuts. My associated application properties dialogs no longer have any way to select how the window displays upon start-up. These problems became apparent following the 'forced' update for Windows 10 (May, 2019). I appreciate any help. Thanks.

:)

DMcG1849, Jun 29, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 29, 2019
  3. Windows 7 top feature request list leaked to the public

With Windows still managing to find its way to over 95 percent of the desktop computers sold each year, it's not surprising that one can find plenty of people interested in giving their feedback about what future versions of Windows should be able to do.

A few years ago, before Windows Vista had even shipped, Microsoft sent out a wish list form asking people what features they would like to see in the next version of Windows, currently code-named Windows 7. The top wished-for features in this list were recently leaked to the public and have popped up at various sites (e.g., Neowin). While anonymous sources at Microsoft tell us that they bear no relationship to the actual feature set Microsoft is currently writing for Windows 7, the list does provide interesting insight into what the Windows-using public most wants from Windows.

The features are listed in no particular order, but they break down into various categories depending on what part of Windows the feature request falls under. Many requests for improvements in Internet Explorer, such as a session restore function, are fairly obvious wishes for features that already exist in competitive products such as Firefox and Opera. Other suggestions, such as a tabbed Windows Explorer, look for features from web browsers to migrate into the general user interface.

Application window features win7-early_feedback.gif

Some of the feature requests are clearly unrealistic, such as the desire to "back up" Xbox 360 games to the PC (yeah, I don't think Microsoft will be doing that one). Others are minor user interface enhancements that would be nice additions but wouldn't really change the Windows experience, such as a progress bar when hibernating the system. However, there are a few that make good sense and would be welcome additions to the operating system, such as a built-in video and audio codec manager.

A Windows 7 insider who wishes to remain anonymous told Ars that the leaked feature list was gathered before any real development on Windows 7 was started, and readers should not expect to see requests from the list necessarily implemented in Microsoft’s next major Windows release.

Ben Clarke, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Application window features - Similar Threads - Application window features

2. Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleted Application still shows up in Apps & Feature: Hi Microsoft Community, When I was younger I tends to delete the application from the installation folder, rather than uninstalling it. Now that I run into issues where I still see the very old deleted apps still show up in the list of Apps & Feature with their respective...
  3. What programs and Windows features are the Microsoft Text Input Application integrated into...

in Windows 10 Customization
    What programs and Windows features are the Microsoft Text Input Application integrated into...: Hi. The Microsoft Text Input Application has a tendency to automatically boot up on my system and make itself very hard to stop. It also brings up privacy concerns for me as people and online articles have stated that it has keylogger-like behavior. In addition, going into...
  4. Application installation failed with Error "The feature you are trying to use is on a...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Application installation failed with Error "The feature you are trying to use is on a...: While installing Applications like Visual C++ and Google Chrome, we are facing issue while installation. The Error screenshot of Google Chrome is Attached Below. [ATTACH] Please explain this issue and provide the solution to fix this Issue....
  5. Window 10-1093 don't display publisher of application on apps & features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Window 10-1093 don't display publisher of application on apps & features: Dear All, I have meet a problem in windows 10 version 1903. I don't see publisher of application on apps & features as below: [ATTACH] Could you help me show publisher of application? Thanks all,...
  6. Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: "The update is not applicable to your...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10: "The update is not applicable to your...: I have Windows 10 Home N (10.0.17134 Build 17134). I am on a 64 bit machine. [ATTACH] I am trying to install the media pack found on https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack, but I get an error when attempting to install: "The update is not...
  7. Is Feature Update 1903 Applicable To Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Feature Update 1903 Applicable To Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC?: I'm at 1809 at the moment and was under the impression that this version doesn't update any further except for security updates. When I go to Windows Update and check it offers Feature Update 1903, click here for download and installation or whatever. I did and it said...
  8. programs and features is not offering to repair applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    programs and features is not offering to repair applications: Trying to repair C++ but the repair feature is gone. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programs-and-features-is-not-offering-to-repair/43b8c3f2-abd9-4549-a59c-405a2857af32
  9. Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Needs an official feature to support the control of bandwidth for all applications: I do not myself support the use of free or paid applications that limit the bandwidth per app as most of them cause BSOD, high and random spikes in the usage of the CPU and also in rare cases, corruptions. Some even come with malware. We need to stop supporting endless arrays...
  10. Windows 10 1709 (Enterprise) - WD Application Guard Feature Greyed Out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 1709 (Enterprise) - WD Application Guard Feature Greyed Out: I just upgraded to Windows 10 1709 (Enterprise), and under the Programs And Features list, I see that Windows Defender Application Guard is greyed out...I even selected Hyper V as well, and still its greyed out. Why is this? 99359