Windows 10: Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by.

Discus and support Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I recently purchased Samsung C32H711 (1440p) to go along with my LG 27EA31 (1080p) and Ive had this problem since. Whenever I wake my PC from stand... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by KayYassine, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by.

I recently purchased Samsung C32H711 (1440p) to go along with my LG 27EA31 (1080p) and Ive had this problem since.

Whenever I wake my PC from stand by, or after the monitors go to sleep from inactivity (locking account or just not using it, going AFK); once the monitors turn on again or my PC wakes up and logging back on, my apps on my second monitor automatically come back to the main monitor (Samsung) and the second monitor (LG) just shows the desktop and task bar. I constantly have to drag the apps back to the second one and rearrange them.

This is very frustrating when I have a bunch of apps stacked and I have to rearrange them.

I've tried many fixes that ive found online of this site as well as others and still haven't found a fix. I've bought 5 different cables thinking its my cables, nothing.

Things ive tried:

- Editing the registry and deleting the Configuration folder under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers

- Tried messing with the display scaling settings

- Used DDU to remove everything GPU driver related and reinstalled the GPU drivers

- Used the CMD and Powershell commands to verify/repair and missing/broken Windows files

- Swapped the main desktop option from the primary display (Sam) to the second display (LG) and the same thing occurs but the apps go back to the new primary (LG). Doesnt matter which is the primary display, they always go back to the main one.

- Swapped GPU ports (I have 4x DP and 1x HDMI)

Ive officially run out of ideas and I think this is a Windows issue. Please help.

Thanks in advance!

Specs:

- Windows 10 Pro (Build #1803) Reinstalled on Nov 27th, 2018

- AMD FX 8350

- AMD Vega 64 8GB

- Kingston 32GB DDR3

- Kingston HyperX 500GB SSD

- Samsung C32H711 (1440p, Main Monitor)

- LG 27EA31 (1080p, Second Monitor)

***Modified Title from: Apps return to main monitor after waking up PC***

:)

KayYassine, Mar 4, 2019

2. Icons rearrangement

Hi Amin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please try below steps and check if it helps to stop rearranging desktop icon automatically.

• Right click on desktop, click on View.
    • Uncheck Auto arrange icons.

For issue related Start menu check if it has set for full screen try to Off it.

• Go to Settings.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Click on Start, turn Off Use Start full screen.

Hope this helps. Please reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Vardhaman Shetti, Mar 4, 2019
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by.

Rearrange pages in OneNote for Windows

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You should be able to rearrange pages just by dragging the page up and down as mentioned in the article:
    Rearrange section
    tabs and page tabs in OneNote for Windows
    . As you are not able to do rearrange the pages, it can be due to corruptions in the application. I would request you to follow the steps mentioned in the article:
    Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store to troubleshoot this problem.

If you need any additional information, please confirm if you have downloaded the OneNote from Windows store or with office pack?

Regards,

Naresh_K, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by.

1. Application Windows rearranging after logging in from stand by. - Similar Threads - Application rearranging logging

2. How can i script application installs after OS stand up?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i script application installs after OS stand up?: Sorry for the novice question but google is failing me. Is there a way to script installation of programs after receiving a machine? Im getting a new work computer and want to automate the process if possible. The computer will come with windows 10 when it shows up. im more...
  3. Windows rearranges my applications after wake up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows rearranges my applications after wake up: I have two monitor setup. Every time put computer to sleep and wake it up afterwards Windows moves my windows from one monitor to another usually also resizing and realigning them. Which is very annoying, I would prefer to have them as I left them yesterday....
  4. Windows takes forever to load from stand by

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows takes forever to load from stand by: 8/19/20...Every since my windows updated on its own. My laptop takes forever to load once i put it in stand by mode. After I'm done with my laptop I just close the screen. However when I want to get back on the screen just spins and spins trying to load. I get tired of it...
  5. Program windows rearranged after returning from lunch.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program windows rearranged after returning from lunch.: Hi. My work PC rearranges my open windows every time I leave the computer for lunch. This happens if I turn off the screen via the monitor power button or leave the screen on and lock the session. Does anyone know the reason and a solution? Could it possibly be a graphic...
  6. Error Message in "Windows Logs" "Application" log:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message in "Windows Logs" "Application" log:: svchost (5680,D,23) SRUJet: The database page read from the file "C:\WINDOWS\system32\SRU\SRUDB.dat" at offset 65609728 (0x0000000003e92000) (database page 16017 (0x3E91)) for 4096 (0x00001000) bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch. The stored checksum...
  7. Removing old stand from monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Removing old stand from monitor: Ant ideas how to remove this redundant part of a stand attached to the bottom of the monitor. With all 4 visible screes removed it is just as tight as with them in. 105320
  8. BSOD after Stand-By or Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after Stand-By or Sleep Mode: Hi all! I have a problem with my Asus S56C, I have frequent BSODs, but they only occur after few seconds or few minutes out of the Stand By mode. It does not happen after restarting restarting or turning on the PC. I have already tested the RAM and Hard Drives. Updating to...
  9. Stand-By doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand-By doesn't work after update: I updated my Laptop to 1607, and now I can't wake up my Laptop from Stand-By anymore. I only see the Background Image, nothing else. I can not log back in. Only pressing the power button longer and a PC restart will bring it back. Does anybody else have this Problem?...
  10. Stand By

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand By: At the present my computer goes into standby automatically. How do I change it so it doesn't go into standby so I don't have to enter my password every time? I have tried everything! 2426