Windows 10: Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching

Discus and support Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Whenever I switch users, all open application windows resize and shift position; does this happen to anyone else? I've searched on the web and here and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by TheLegendary87, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching

Whenever I switch users, all open application windows resize and shift position; does this happen to anyone else? I've searched on the web and here and haven't been able to find anything, so apologies if this has been posted before.

To be clear, this is the following scenario:

1. User A is logged in and using applications.

2. Application windows remain open and User B logs in via fast user switching.

3. User A logs back in via fast user switching to find open windows have been resized and their positions shifted.

I've included two screenshots as examples:

• Pre-switch:
      Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching [​IMG]

• Post-switch:
      Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching fee59d86-6cf9-4e28-b472-c452ef1c93e0?upload=true.png

:)

TheLegendary87, Nov 5, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Nov 7, 2018
  3. Cant switch users in Windows 10

Hi Sarah,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• What exactly happens when you try to switch users?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to Switch users.

• Press Ctrl + Alt + Del key altogether.

• Click on Switch User.

• Select the user with which you want to login.

If computer starts up with a user other than the one you want, login to that user account and switch user to the account that you need and check.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Nov 7, 2018
  4. Manihom Win User

Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching

windows 10 switch user display scaling taskbar resizing

I have the same issue and began experiencing it once I added another user to my Windows 10 device. When I sign out from one of the user profiles and return to another user, the task bar has been resized to much larger (wider). I have to unlock the task
    bar, resize it, and then lock the task bar. Again, this happens each time I switch to another user, sign out, and switch to another user.

I did check for updates and all drivers updates are current.

Manihom, Nov 7, 2018
Thema:

Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching

1. Application windows resizing and shifting after user-switching - Similar Threads - Application resizing shifting

2. Windows 10 moves and resizes all windows after switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 moves and resizes all windows after switching users: My question is exactly the same as the one found in this previous thread:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-moves-and-resizes-windows-after/a903d961-c3d5-4a05-8728-0180ae848087?auth=1I have all my windows open the way I want them. Having the...
  3. Application Window resized by itself randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Application Window resized by itself randomly: Since 3 weeks, when opening an app MS edge, Chrome, Photoshop, etc the magnifier open in the address bar and the screen size of the app is reduced without any interactions from my side. This happen even if not touching the keyboard or the mouse. Some time it reduce by one...
  4. Explorer hangs after switching users

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer hangs after switching users: I have a fairly recent (bought last May) HP laptop, which has developed the following problem. There are two active user accounts on the laptop, for two family members. Suppose one of them is using the laptop, but another wants to briefly use his account, without logging the...
  5. freeze after switching user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    freeze after switching user: when i shutdown pc and then switch account on next boot windows gets stuck. any idea witch this happens. i got stuck home screen and i can press anything on task bar. submitted by /u/omarazos [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows + Shift + S - after selecting snip, freezes the user

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows + Shift + S - after selecting snip, freezes the user: Hello, As in the title: Windows + Shift + S , I select the snipping area (tried the full screen option also), the image freezes. Video works in background, everything seems to be working fine, just the image frozen. CTRL + ALT + DEL works, but the task manager is not...
  7. Shift and resize internal laptop screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Shift and resize internal laptop screen: Is there a method or software that can resize and shift the screen in 4 directions like you could on some external monitors? Windows 10 Intel HD 3000 Generic laptop display 137997
  8. Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 repositions/resizes programs when locking or switching users: This is a common issue among large screen resolutions and has been around since at least 2011 as evident by this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/is-there-a-way-to-set-windows-7-login-screen/b6b95eb5-736e-e011-8dfc-68b599b31bf5 Will...
  9. Need to stop application windows moving and resizing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Need to stop application windows moving and resizing: Im running 3 monitors. When windows goes to sleep and wakes all the open applications are moved between displays and resized. I've google'd and found some topics but, with no resolution. I'd like to be able to pin/stick an application to a display. One monitor is just a 7"...
  10. No application focused after switching desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    No application focused after switching desktop: As the title says, after switching desktops, no application is focused. This is extremely annoying, because additional ALT+TAB is required just to start typing. I was excited about this feature and it looks really great, but this small bug makes it almost unusable for me. 21281