Windows 10: Application windows stay hidden behind others?

Discus and support Application windows stay hidden behind others? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I've been having this issue ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and I like most of the upgrade but this particular issue is making me want to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Feien, May 14, 2016.

1. Feien Win User

Application windows stay hidden behind others?

Hello,

I've been having this issue ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and I like most of the upgrade but this particular issue is making me want to just go back to 7...

When I click on icons for other apps in my task bar, they often just stay hidden behind whatever window I have open at that moment. For example, if I'm using Chrome and want to open Word, I click on Word and see that the program is running but no matter what I do, I cannot view the Word window unless I minimize Chrome. It doesn't matter if Chrome is full screen or not. Even if I right click on the Word icon, hover on the screen and click it, still doesn't work it stays under Chrome. Even when I try to switch desktops, I can see that it's open but all I see is Chrome... For some apps, like Skype, the window will eventually show if I click on it repeatedly but obviously it's still very annoying and inconvenient.

I've been trying to find a solution for this but no luck so far... Any ideas?

:)

Feien, May 14, 2016

2. Taskbar hidden behind windows

Got that. Since you mentioned that the issue doesn't occur when auto-hide is turned off, it seems that it's a normal feature on the computer. We suggest turning off this feature for your preference.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to share them with us here. We'll be happy to assist.

Michelle Vil, May 14, 2016
  3. Taskbar hidden behind windows

His solution didn't work for my problem.

Jared Halls, May 14, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 14, 2016
  5. Feien Win User
    Thank you! I read the thread you posted, but I am not sure I understand how to fix the issue... What does a "clear install of windows 10" mean?

Feien, May 14, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    I imagine they meant 'clean install' as in new install - fresh.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Application windows stay hidden behind others? - Similar Threads - Application stay hidden

2. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  3. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  4. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: Frequently unable to access Taskbar using mouse/touchpad due to a browser or other maximized program window preventing access.Obviously this makes all shortcuts normally available via Taskbar inaccessible, Major PITA!Reducing* or closing offending browser/program window...
  6. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar hidden behind windows: There's an issue with the taskbar's auto-hide feature. At random intervals, the start menu becomes un-openable. Meaning no matter what you do, you cannot access the task bar & start menu using you mouth, because some window covers it.The only way to access the task bar/start...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind windows

9. Application windows opening in the background; behind other windows

Application windows opening in the background; behind other windows: For a couple of years I have had increasing problems with application windows and dialog boxes opening up behind other windows with no indication that they have opened. Lately this had become an extreme nuisance. Does anyone know how to get a newly opened application or...
  10. Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others

Icon dissappeared / hidden in system tray - behind others: So, 2 computers here that suddenly have the volume icon hidden behind another icon. "It's not hidden, it's turned off - turn it on via 'Turn system icons on or off' " -> No, it's hidden, not off. How do I know? If I open the 'Turn system icons on or off' and opt to...