Windows 10: Application within application won't launch

Discus and support Application within application won't launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamtiberius, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Application within application won't launch

Greetings,
    I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e. mapping, record management, incidents, arrests, property, etc.

We run our program on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. We use a map application through the program. On Windows 7 computers, this map opens and is utilized without any issues. On Windows 10, we receive an error through the CAD application, "Error, could not start new map."

Can anyone think of any windows 10 setting that would inhibit an application within an application from launching in a new window?

:)

iamtiberius, Feb 12, 2019

2. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile Application within application won't launch :)

WojtasRed, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Application within application won't launch

How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA

Nosirrah762, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Application within application won't launch

1. Application within application won't launch - Similar Threads - Application within application

2. Applications won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications won't launch: Every so often, I come across an app that will not launch. Example: today it is Adobe Acrobat. I double-click a PDF document, I see a momentary hourglass, then....nada. Same thing happens when I double-click the Acrobat icon on my desktop. I sense this is memory-related, but...
  3. Applications won't launch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications won't launch: Every so often, I come across an app that will not launch. Example: today it is Adobe Acrobat. I double-click a PDF document, I see a momentary hourglass, then....nada. Same thing happens when I double-click the Acrobat icon on my desktop. I sense this is memory-related, but...
  4. Applications won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Windows 11, applications won't launch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, applications won't launch: I'm including a screenshot with my system information, but basically I've been having this issue since buying to this PC a few months ago. I download an app a game, or even AMD's Software, for instance, go to open the app & then NOTHING happens. And I mean nothing. Sometimes...
  6. Windows 11, applications won't launch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, applications won't launch: I'm including a screenshot with my system information, but basically I've been having this issue since buying to this PC a few months ago. I download an app a game, or even AMD's Software, for instance, go to open the app & then NOTHING happens. And I mean nothing. Sometimes...
  7. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?: Probably there is no solution for the below, I ask it nonetheless.When launching applications, e.g. Excel, when launched a 2nd time - i.e. Excel running twice - then I always have to shift-drag the application in order to have the application displayed entirely. Windowed...
  8. Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to 'force' applications be launched entirely within screen?: Probably there is no solution for the below, I ask it nonetheless.When launching applications, e.g. Excel, when launched a 2nd time - i.e. Excel running twice - then I always have to shift-drag the application in order to have the application displayed entirely. Windowed...
  9. some application won't launch at all

some application won't launch at all: i have a problem where some of my application like malwarebyte won't open it would open then closes itself without any error message this included msconfig and attempting to run setup to reset the pc will crash the setup app running sfc and dism says everyyhing is fine and...
  10. Application Won't Launch

Application Won't Launch: Hey I've been having this issue recently where an application Sea of Thieves won't launch. I click on the desktop shortcut to open the game but it immediately closes, does anyone know how to fix this?...