Windows 10: Application within application won't launch

Discus and support Application within application won't launch in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Greetings, I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by iamtiberius, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Application within application won't launch

Greetings,
    I work for a Public Safety Answering Point (911.) We run a Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) program, for everything public safety, i.e. mapping, record management, incidents, arrests, property, etc.

We run our program on both Windows 10 and Windows 7 computers. We use a map application through the program. On Windows 7 computers, this map opens and is utilized without any issues. On Windows 10, we receive an error through the CAD application, "Error, could not start new map."

Can anyone think of any windows 10 setting that would inhibit an application within an application from launching in a new window?

:)

iamtiberius, Feb 12, 2019

2. WD Mybook Application won't launch

Hi James,

Problem launching the WD MyBook application could be due to incompatibility or could be caused by a software conflict. Since you've already reached out to WD support, we would like to know the following to help us isolate and address the problem:

• Were there any changes made or updates performed before the issue started?
    • What were the troubleshooting steps have you tried to far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the WD MyBook application?

In the meantime, please try to disable the firewall and antivirus software on your computer. Once done, launch the WD application again and see if it works.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2019
  3. WojtasRed Win User
    Application to test CPU

I`m looking for an application to test if my CPU is working properly. Any suggestions, guys? *Smile Application within application won't launch :)

WojtasRed, Feb 12, 2019
  4. Application within application won't launch

How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA

Nosirrah762, Feb 12, 2019
Thema:

Application within application won't launch

1. Application within application won't launch - Similar Threads - Application within application

2. Disable Microsoft Print to PDF within a Software Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Disable Microsoft Print to PDF within a Software Application: We have a software application that can generate a PDF document for printing. But we don't want the user to save it in a local drive for security purpose. However, the "Microsoft print to PDF" feature in Windows 10 allows user to save the document in a local drive when...
  3. Changing font style and size within an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing font style and size within an application: The font used within an application (Dragon NaturallySpeaking) has changed. I don't believe this application has any way to change his own fonts so I think this is a change inherited from some Window setting. I don't like this new font and I want to change it back to the...
  4. Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio hiearchy between applications within Windows 10: When using an audio source, if another audio source is started it is silenced and plays no audio. For instance when listening to music via Groove, Pandora, Spotify et cetera and the launching Edge (any browser for that matter) and any page that generates audio it does not...
  5. Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Becomes Slow to Launch Applications: Hey all, I'm on Windows 10, and I've been having this issue. Strangely, I had it before on different processor, motherboard, and RAM (i7-2600, ASRock Z77 Extreme4)Basically, the problem doesn't exist for a while, and then suddenly it will: whenever I go to launch an...
  6. Unable to launch applications in RDP session

Unable to launch applications in RDP session: Issue: User is unable to launch applications when connected to a device through RDP To clarify: RDP connection itself is successful. User is can access device. But when user clicks an application, it does not launch. User IS able to launch applications when signed into...
  7. Changing color quality when an application is launched

Changing color quality when an application is launched: I am trying to have the color quality of my Windows 10 machine change to 16 bit when I remote into it using Chrome remote desktop. Any help would be appreciated. 13011
  8. Windows Defender Scan on launch application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Scan on launch application: Hi, so lately i've found that when launching a application windows defender does a full scan of all its files etc, not sure if this is exactly normal but when running apps with multiple files eg photoshop with presets fonts etc, it scans them all which not only makes it...
  9. Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety: Prevent Application Launches?: Clue me in..... Does the windows 10 family Safety, actually allow you to block all apps except for the ones you allow your child to run? It's not clear from their site verbiage on whether you can only block apps that show in the "recent history" (ie run at least once),...
  10. How to prevent creation of list of applications launched

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent creation of list of applications launched: How can I prevent the Registry from creating a list of applications launched from external media? I have App launch tracker turned off, but registry nevertheless contains an entry for example.exe previously launched from, and only contained on, a thumb drive? TIA 87330