Windows 10: Applications accidentally closed

Discus and support Applications accidentally closed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Miguel_Paz, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Applications accidentally closed

A good enhancement would be able to put a lock on an application you don't want to accidentally shutdown. I often have multiple apps open and sometimes I accidentally close the window for an app by pressing the X in top right corner. It would be helpful if I could CHOOSE to lock out applications I don't want to accidentally close for a period of time or during that session. At least where Windows would ask DO YOU REALLY WANT TO CLOSE THIS APP DOWN. I would not like it on all apps but ones I choose to enable this LOCK.

:)

Miguel_Paz, Jan 17, 2020
  2. sttubs Win User

accidental Word doc closed

I was working on a Word doc (office 2007) & accidentally closed the document. Am I totally screwed or is there a way to recall it?

sttubs, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Accidentally tagged applications as "Games" in game mode

Hi,

If you accidentally tagged other applications as game in game mode, you can remove or reverse it by following the steps below:

• Click Start and click Settings.
    • Select System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Find the game or app and click Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Restart your device so that the changes can take effect.

For more information in troubleshooting game DVR, you may check out this
    link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Applications accidentally closed

Sleep closes applications

Hi Gonzo,

Improper power configuration or outdated BIOS are some of the factors that can prevent the sleep function to work properly. As an initial step to prevent the programs/applications from closing upon wake up, we suggest that you reset
    the power settings to default. To do this follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search bar and press
      Enter.
    • Under Preferred plans, click the Change plan settings link for the plan that you're currently using.
    • Click the Restore default settings for this plan link. Click
      Yes if prompted.
    • Click the Save changes button.
    • Once you're done, check if the issue persists.

In the event that you encounter the same issue, our next option is to check if
    BIOS is updated. To do this, we suggest that you contact the device manufacturer or check their support site on how to properly update it.

Note: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly.
    Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of
    BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk. 

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Applications accidentally closed

1. Applications accidentally closed - Similar Threads - Applications accidentally closed

2. Photos application closes abruptly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photos application closes abruptly.: In the photos application, when I am viewing photos displaying the file information panel, when browsing the photos the application closes abruptly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photos-application-closes-abruptly/b7e1ac6b-5ab7-4029-b2d5-2b89f56cd48a
  3. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application: Hello everyone!My computer was running slow than usual. I searched some solutions on internet an I found something called toolbox. Then day later i tried to open microsoft store but it wasn`t showing in search. I found out that it was a malware and immediately removed it. Now...
  4. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft Store Application: Hello everyone!My computer was running slow than usual. I searched some solutions on internet an I found something called toolbox. Then day later i tried to open microsoft store but it wasn`t showing in search. I found out that it was a malware and immediately removed it. Now...
  5. Accidentally closed Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Accidentally closed Windows Explorer: I accidentally close windows explorer. Everything turned black in the bacround. I know you are supposed to hit control-alt-delete but I can't do that. I shut down my PC with the button and now when I restart this: http://imgur.com/a/82KKX4W comes up. I can't even get onto the...
  6. Applications closing autometically

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Applications closing autometically: Hello everyone, Recently I am facing an issue. Suppose I am playing a game for quite a long like 30 min or 40 min all of a sudden it closes automatically without showing any error messages. Not only games, sometimes resource hungry software such as visual studio or android...
  7. ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!

in Windows 10 Customization
    ACCIDENTALLY CLOSED ACCESS TO MY APPS!: i WAS ON A PAGE WHERE I WAS GETTING FREE MICROSOFT APPS. THEN LOOKED AT DON'T KNOW WHAT TO CALL IT BUT EITHER SECURITY OR PERMISSIONS FOR THE APPS ACCESS AND CLOSED ACCESS. NOW I CAN'T OPEN MY DROPBOX OR ONE NOTE. HOW TO FIND THAT PAGE WHERE I CAN ALLOW ACCESS? THANKS!...
  8. Close and Force Close application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Close and Force Close application: I've been using mac my whole life but yesterday I got a Dell E7450. I like it and its got track-pad gestures like macOS, though they aren't as smooth and fluid, but I'm still trying to make it as similar to my macbook as i can. The main problem is closing an application. On...
  9. Accidental uninstall my dvd application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Accidental uninstall my dvd application: I am unable to play my Windows DVD Player because I accidentally uninstall my dvd. I had experience not able to use it and thought of uninstalling it would help, but made it worse....
  10. Lock Screen closing applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Lock Screen closing applications: Hey, so I'm new to windows 10. Cleaned my laptop completely by resetting it and when I tried to install old games using steam had to download the updates again. But now when the screen locks it closes down steam and the updates don't download. This is really frustrating due...