Windows 10: applications and service logs

Discus and support applications and service logs in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I only get Internet Explorer on my Dell, but I want to use Firefox. Microsoft tries every way to steer me away from Firefox. Why is Firefox or Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billmorgan9, Aug 29, 2020.

1. applications and service logs

I only get Internet Explorer on my Dell, but I want to use Firefox. Microsoft tries every way to steer me away from Firefox. Why is Firefox or Chrome not on the list? I'll make sure the next computer I buy has nothing to do with Microsoft or McAfee. I have a good paid for virus protection and Microsoft takes it off my desktop and replaces it with McAfee even though I have deleted it many times. If you ever watch the movie "GRINGO" you would under why I don't like that bas_ _ _d!!!

:)

billmorgan9, Aug 29, 2020
  2. Naveen_M Win User

question about log applications and service

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The Windows Applications and Services Log enables you to monitor the Applications and Services Logs on the computer.

AppLocker helps you to control which apps and files users can run. AppLocker has the ability to deny apps from running when you exclude them from the list of allowed apps. It can create rules that prelude unlicensed software from running
    and restrict licensed software to authorized users. AppLocker is ideal for computers within a business group.

Refer this article on
    AppLocker
    for more information. If you wish to block an app, you can use AppLocker. AppLocker has nothing to do with your system performance. So, I'd suggest not to disable it.

Hope it helps.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Aug 29, 2020
  3. Deezur16 Win User
    (Win10 Home) Log On Settings for Services reverting from User/Admin to Local System

Thank you for the prompt reply.

As part of the set-up, I have uninstalled the application. For the application installer, within the Compatibility tab I see under "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

(only one option within the drop down list)

"Previous version of Windows".

After selecting the above and installing the application, I proceeded to set the "Log On As" from "Local System account" to "This account: .\User"

This was done after

Stopping both application services

Thereafter restarting both services

Log On As ".\User" remains

Upon accessing the application, the application becomes unresponsive.

Running the application again, the "Log On As" returns to Local System.

I have repeated the prior steps, while changing the application properties "Startup type: Automatic, Automatic (Delayed Start), Manual, Disabled"

Each results in the same issue.

Within the application and the installer for the application, under the "Compatibility" tab, I have run the compatibility troubleshooter and "Test the program..."

There don't appear to be any errors.

It seems that users running Windows 10 Pro aren't facing these issues and changes to the two application services Log On As ".\User" remain after restarting Windows and starting the application.

Also, while possibly unrelated, I selected a different application installer, and within the Compatibility tab many more options are available in the drop down list for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

Windows 8

Windows 7

Windows Vista

etc...

While, as noted with the application installer for Hysolid, the options in the drop down list for "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"

Shows only

"Previous version of Windows"

This is peculiar, as Hysolid is compatible with Windows 7 to Windows 10.

Deezur16, Aug 29, 2020
  4. applications and service logs

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 29, 2020
Thema:

applications and service logs

1. applications and service logs - Similar Threads - applications service logs

2. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  3. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  4. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  5. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  6. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Services Application

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Services Application: Hello all , My services application is not working, when I tried to open it, it says the services can't be started either because it is disabled or because it has no enable access associated with it.. Same problem with access control editor.Please help....
  8. Event Log Service

Event Log Service: When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged...
  9. question about log applications and service

question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...
  10. question about log applications and service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    question about log applications and service: Hi all i recently checked my logs and found something i have never seen before. I also had a lot of problems with my desktop a while ago and so i want to make sure it's noting to worry about. Because of the writing it looks cryptic but i am not sure and because i can't...