Windows 10: Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

Discus and support Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have given the proper permissions in the settings pages. The File Explorer just will not open. I don't know what caused this to stop working, since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Andrew Yoho-Yoder, May 29, 2024.

1. Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

I have given the proper permissions in the settings pages. The File Explorer just will not open. I don't know what caused this to stop working, since it was opening when it was supposed to be doing up until last week. For most things dragging and dropping has worked just fine. But other applications become impossible to use.

:)

Andrew Yoho-Yoder, May 29, 2024
  2. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 29, 2024
  3. Applications won`t maximize

Following a W10 update, applications only open as minimised on the taskbar and won`t maximize. I have tried closing them minimised but no good. Can anyone help ? thanks

PhilipMaclean, May 29, 2024
  4. ME_555 Win User

Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

File Explorer STILL not opening

Greetings,

File Explorer has not been opening for at least a month. I have followed Microsoft's given steps in Fix
    File Explorer if it won't open or start
    multiple times with no success. Has anyone found a solution?

Thanks, Matt

ME_555, May 29, 2024
Thema:

Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

1. Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer. - Similar Threads - Applications web pages

2. Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.: I have given the proper permissions in the settings pages. The File Explorer just will not open. I don't know what caused this to stop working, since it was opening when it was supposed to be doing up until last week. For most things dragging and dropping has worked just...
  3. Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Applications and web pages won't open File Explorer.: I have given the proper permissions in the settings pages. The File Explorer just will not open. I don't know what caused this to stop working, since it was opening when it was supposed to be doing up until last week. For most things dragging and dropping has worked just...
  4. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  5. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open a google web page: Hello Community, I have an HP desktop PC with IO of windows 10 home. I am using Google Chrome for my web searching, every time I open a new window the page will not fill my monitor screen then I have to click on the little square box in the upper right of the page then click...
  6. Open a google web page

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Files Explorer won't open files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Explorer won't open files: So this has been an issue today. I try to open a file in Files explorer, then it just freezes and show my mouse cursor as on blue loading circle. Please help!...
  8. web pages opening slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web pages opening slow: Hello Community: Scenario: I have an HP Desktop PC with Windows 10 home as the OS. I have been having to use a password / Pin number to log onto my pc, I did not want a password sign on anymore, I tried to make the change from password log on to NO PASSWORD or PIN...
  9. Web pages don't open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Web pages don't open: Most of the time, Web pages don't open. Usually, the Network diagnostics say it's a DNS server problem. Otherwise, they say they can't identify the problem. I've tried all the fixes proposed by Microsoft advisors and those I could find on the Web - all to no avail.* I...
  10. File Explorer won't open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer won't open: Glad you got it worked out. *Thumbs