Windows 10: Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

Discus and support Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For starters, I use an Acer Predator 15 with an Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram and a 970M graphics card (let me know if you require any further info). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NejcPetric, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

For starters, I use an Acer Predator 15 with an Intel Core i7, 16GB Ram and a 970M graphics card (let me know if you require any further info).

The laptop is not that old (2 and a half years) and has no performance issues when it comes to running the applications that actually open. I bought it as a used laptop from a friend who was not facing this issue before selling it to me.

When launching them, certain apps show up in the taskbar, I can hear the music, and the program is supposedly running according to Task Manager. Additionally I am able to click around within the program and even make it work, however I am unable to see anything but the desktop or whatever other underlying applications I have open. Furthermore, programs that I have in windowed mode can be dragged around normally and are not "see-through" but rather just white.

I have tried looking for various solutions, including reinstalling the applications, restarting the laptop, I even factory reset it. Nothing has helped so far. The graphics card driver is up to date and based on troubleshooting there are no present issues.

The only thing that has temporarily helped was plugging my laptop to an external monitor via HDMI which caused the application to show up on the second screen and then switching back to the primary screen (alt-F5 duplicate screen).

Please help if you have any clue of a possible solution .

Applications that aren't working

-Blender

-Risk of Rain 2

-Blizzard Launcher

-Epic Games Launcher
    -There could be others but I have no clue what is causing the problem.

Applications that are working

-Overwatch

-Discord

-Steam

-Google Chrome

-And pretty much everything else.

:)

NejcPetric, Apr 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 Taskbar sometimes on top of full-screen applications

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the Screen Resolution and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows ’ key on the keyboard.
    • In the search box, type Settings
    • SelectSystem > Display > Advanced display settings.
    • Under Resolution, select a new value. We suggest you stick with the resolution marked
      "(Recommended)”.
    Also try locking and then unlocking the Taskbar and check if this helps. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click an empty space on the taskbar.
    • If Lock the Taskbar has a check mark next to it, the taskbar is locked.
    • If it does not have a check mark, click Lock the Taskbar.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Application not appearing anywhere on the screen

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty with the problem.

• How did you downloaded the application is it through windows store or browser?
    I would suggest you to check in downloads folder in the file explorer.

Follow the below steps.

• Press windows key + E.
    • Click on the This PC.
    • Select the download folder & check if application is downloaded.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Apr 4, 2019
  4. kreed66 Win User

Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

windows 10 home missing pin to taskbar for installed applications

I added a third step to the first suggestion, which worked for me:

1. Choose start> All apps,

2. Scroll to the application you want to pin, right click and then click
    Pin to taskbar.

3. When the desired icon tile appears in the desktop box, left click on it and drag it into the task bar.

kreed66, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen

1. Applications Appear on Taskbar But Not on Screen - Similar Threads - Applications Appear Taskbar

2. Windows Taskbar not appears by using some applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Taskbar not appears by using some applications: Hi,Win 11. My taskbar is set to hide/show with mouse coursor move. However when using Windows Notepad in maximised window, the taskbar dont't appears.Please help...
  3. Windows Taskbar not appears by using some applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Taskbar not appears by using some applications: Hi,Win 11. My taskbar is set to hide/show with mouse coursor move. However when using Windows Notepad in maximised window, the taskbar dont't appears.Please help...
  4. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  5. problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with taskbar and desktop, application icons do not appear: I have a problem for three weeks is that the taskbar does not appear the icons ce windows applications as configuration among others, just as I can not open the Windows window neither with the keyboard nor pressing with the mause on it, and the desktop when the system starts...
  6. Lock screen application selections not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock screen application selections not appearing: When I initially updated to Windows 11, the weather would appear on the lock screen. Then, after opening the weather app and updating to my location, it updated on the lock screen as well. All was well. However, not a week later now I do not see the weather on the lock...
  7. Lock screen application selections not appearing

Lock screen application selections not appearing: When I initially updated to Windows 11, the weather would appear on the lock screen. Then, after opening the weather app and updating to my location, it updated on the lock screen as well. All was well. However, not a week later now I do not see the weather on the lock...
  8. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  9. Some application icons not appearing on taskbar

Some application icons not appearing on taskbar: Hi, all,Not sure when this started, but I noticed recently that some applications, when open, don't show their proper icon on the taskbar see below. Most apps show it just fine Twitter, WhatsApp web app, Instagram web app, MS To-do, Google Calendar web app, Spotify, Telegram...
  10. Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar

Change an application so it doesn't appear in the taskbar: I have an old application which I have running all the time, which I don't want to appear in the taskbar (left hand part to the right of the start button). Is there any way using registry entries or mods to the shortcut to have it continue to run but not show in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. discord in taskbar but not on screen

2. discord in taskbar but will not display

3. app in taskbar but not on screen windows 10

4. how come my app is on the taskbar but not on my screen,
  5. windows 10 windows appear on taskbar but not on screen,
  6. Battlenet is in my task bar but not on my screen