Windows 10: Applications are multiplying and running in secret.

Discus and support Applications are multiplying and running in secret. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been slow lately, so i checked my task manager and noticed that some of my applications have actually 2-10 more of those apps running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Aielouros, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Aielouros Win User

Applications are multiplying and running in secret.

My computer has been slow lately, so i checked my task manager and noticed that some of my applications have actually 2-10 more of those apps running in the background. Say if i open google chrome, it should be a single one per tab. Instead it has 8 of them opened but I still only have access to that single tab. Same thing for discord and any games I play. All of them have multiple running at once when they shouldn't. I tried deleting a few to see what would happen, sometimes it would work, sometimes all of them would close at once. It's an annoying risk to figure out which ones don't close all of them. I tried opening file location to see if it was a virus but all apps would take me to the same file location. After trying to search for the answer for ways to fix this (which of course wasn't helpful) and not even my malware finders or defender programs could find the issue. So i did a pc reset. The safer ones that keeps your personal files. That didn't fix it. After getting annoyed unknowing at what could of caused it I decided to do a full factory reset on the computer. Everything got deleted as of course, but the issue still persists. My apps are still multiplying. This is causing major take-up for my cpu, memory, and disk space. Usually capping at most times. Which of course worsens my internet and overall experience as a user. I'm not expecting you guys to know how to solve this because it could simply be a permanent virus or whatever but I do hope I get some response soon on ways to figure out the issue on my end if you guys don't know. And no, don't go saying "Why don't you use our search engine instead of google chrome". Because that's not the issue here. Applications are multiplying and running in secret. cfb23df1-359a-4a6b-87f7-e23b1366edec?upload=true.png

:)

Aielouros, Nov 5, 2018

2. Secret Application

There is a application in the download section of my mobile phone today called secret.

I have installed it onto my N73 and it refers to a page which is here
    http://www.openatownrisk.com/

Has anybody downloaded the app and figured out the puzzle?

adamf---01, Nov 5, 2018
  3. amuana Win User
    Nokia Secret codes

Please can someone list the nokia secret codes for me?

amuana, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Applications are multiplying and running in secret.

Process running but not starting in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to run applications on Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

This issue may be due to application conflicts.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the explorer issue.

• Press Alt+ctr+Del from Desktop.

• Select Task Manager.

• Under process tab, locate the apps that are running.

• Right Click on the application and select End Task.

• Please try accessing the application again and check if you are able to run the application.
    If the issue persists, I suggest you to run
    the program in Compatibility mode, please follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Program
    • Click on Properties
    • Click on Compatibility tab
    • Select Run this program in compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Applications are multiplying and running in secret.

1. Applications are multiplying and running in secret. - Similar Threads - Applications are multiplying

2. Multiplying Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Multiplying Virus: Hello!So basically a few days ago i was chilling, i had an update so i restarted my computer and as soon as i restarted and signed in, Windows Defender alerted me there's a powershell virus and some app or thing is using powershell to create malwareI used Microsoft Live Chat...
  3. Task Bar Multiplies

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Bar Multiplies: I started having this problem when I upgraded my laptop from Windows 10 pro to Windows 11 Pro. When browsing the internet or while using Windows media player the task bar will multiply covering the entire screen. The bottom task bar from the home screen is layered up and down...
  4. application not run

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  5. application not run

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    application not run: dear sir, after an update some application of my laptop can't run like-calculator,calender,phots,microsoft store etc.please give me answer or solution of this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-not-run/f03e7ffc-f794-4beb-84b3-cb53704f3cf3
  6. No application running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No application running: This morning i noticed that my c: drive if getting full around 60%. So i tried deleting unnecessary files and folders. I have autodesk 3ds max 2021 installed and the file was taking up around 9gb of storage. I am talking about the file which we see when we open c: drive, and...
  7. Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken App Data-Can't Delete-Running In Secret?: So a couple months ago I had downloaded an app called Discord, but then I couldn't start it so I ended up looking through it's files. Whenever I'd try to delete a file, a message would pop up saying that "This file is open right now" and "can't be deleted until I close it",...
  8. How to run a program in secret?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to run a program in secret?: I have a program, that when it runs, it KNOWS that another program is running, and as a part of some security protocol refuses to run (Well, not exactly, it puts up a block over the text on the screen and tells me that the block will be removed when I end the other task)....
  9. multiply monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    multiply monitors: I extended my monitor however the 2 monitor seems to be the default. How do I set my 1 monitor as the default? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/multiply-monitors/edc73764-1bb7-49b3-90fd-75ef77c9a5da
  10. Library folders multiply

in Windows 10 Support
    Library folders multiply: I've been experiencing a bug that makes Library folders appear multiple times in the navigation pane. It is obviously the same folder that is displayed many times and I can get rid of them if I refresh the navigation pane by hitting the F5 key. I've noticed that it happens...