Windows 10: Applications being re-added to Startup

Discus and support Applications being re-added to Startup in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have some applications which i cannot stop launching at startup. I disable them from starting in the usual way but when I restart the computer they... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Angus Nisbet, Jul 25, 2020.

1. Applications being re-added to Startup

I have some applications which i cannot stop launching at startup. I disable them from starting in the usual way but when I restart the computer they are back on the startup list. How can I keep them disabled on the startup list?

:)

Angus Nisbet, Jul 25, 2020

2. Fastest way to adding program in Windows startup

1. Description

In Google I can find only solutions, where I need in many steps for adding my program to Windows 10 startup folder. Are there fast ways? Example:

2. Expected behavior

For example, I have SashaGoddess.exe application:

1. Right_Click to SashaGoddess.exe in Windows Explorer or desktop,
    2. Select Send to startup,
    3. Shortcut for SashaGoddess.exe will be created and send to shell:startup — C:\Users\SashaChernykh\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup for me.

3. Questions

• How to realize expected behavior?

or

• Other fast solutions? Built-in or gratis third-party applications.

4. Do not offer

1. Please, do not offer solutions from that How-To Geek article or similar.
    2. Please, do not offer solutions with many steps for adding programs in startup.

Саша Черных, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Kreij Win User

Applications being re-added to Startup

Adding programs to startup with Windows 7?

You could add entries to the registry to launch the apps on startup, but it's easier to just add them to the startup foler as Newt suggested.

Kreij, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

Applications being re-added to Startup

1. Applications being re-added to Startup - Similar Threads - Applications being added

2. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  3. Startup application doesn't startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup application doesn't startup: Hi there,I'm wanting Discord to startup when I start my computer. It used to startup and open when I started the computer / logged in. But all of a sudden it never does and I have to manually start it. I have tried running Windows + R then shell:startup and adding the discord...
  4. RE: Adding devices that can't be added.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    RE: Adding devices that can't be added.: Chat support told me that in order to stop getting security mails that force me to verify and change my password I need to add ALL my devices. Well, I can't do that, I don't want to do that. Some of my devices are just temporary, really outdated. What if I need to borrow...
  5. Adding an Application icon

Adding an Application icon: I have a PC (W 10 pro x64) where the installed wireless LAN printer works flawlessly and showing the installation folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Browny02\Brother) with the expected Status application icon shows and showing the presence of 90 items. Pictures: 1. Brother...
  6. How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them and they...: How do I stop applications re-adding themselves to startup? I keep disabling them (using 'Startup') and they keep re-appearing every time I restart the PC - and there's no option to stop that in the settings of each program! How do I force-stop them from constantly adding...
  7. RE People application

RE People application: 2 Questions: #1 whey can I only select Outlook 365 to import contacts but not Outlook 2016 #2 how do I add contacts from My Documents / Contacts This app does not appear to be well thought out if I have these obvious questions?...
  8. How to remove Edge and Store from being added to taskbar at startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Edge and Store from being added to taskbar at startup: I'd like to not have Edge and Store automatically be added to taskbar at each startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-edge-and-store-from-being-added-to/b9be6b42-0bf9-459a-8867-9d1676e6df07
  9. application startup

application startup: When I try to start up an application a box pops up asking for an applicationsttart up passcode. Ho can I get rid of this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/application-startup/76531738-f0b0-442b-a775-272cfe746dac
  10. Printer not being added

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer not being added: I have windows 10 on my computer. When I go to Add Printer - the Windows detects that Epson XP-445 is connected to the network. When I click on add device a message appears "Windows doesn't has a network profile for this device". I have done everything possible including...