Windows 10: Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install

Discus and support Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohanB8, Feb 4, 2021.

1. JohanB8 Win User

Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install

Hello,

I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads.

I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them.
    Most applications can't make downloads, which prevent me from installing them for exemple Unity.

Some apps can make downloads: Steam and Battle.net can install game, but games can update themselves. Bittorrent can also make donwloads.

I've had this problem since the install, I've installed Kaspersky and the problem continued. I've tried disabling the Kasperky and Windows firewalls, to no avail.

I have otherwise no connection problem.

If anyone has any idea of what's going on, I'd be delighted.

Windows version : 10.0.19042 Build 19042

:)

JohanB8, Feb 4, 2021

2. W10 fresh installation woes.

Ok, here goes:

Was running W8.1 and upgraded to W10 as part of the Insider Programme and obviously my copy was verified but with a few niggly issues with my install I wanted to do a fresh install. Having grabbed a W10 ISO download from Microsoft, I thought it was a no-brainer
    to install W10 fresh from disc.

Here's where it gets weird: I got to the point of the installation where it asks for my key, I used the one which was verified from my W8.1 copy and it failed. Completely confused, I thought I'd do an in place install through the OS itself and it went
    ok, but I still had the niggly issues. So I ended up installing W8.1 again to try and keep it "fresh". But, what I found out was somewhere along the line an OS version had decided to set up more partitions as opposed to using the ones that were already there,
    they're about 300MB in size and there were about 3-4 of them. Now in a fit of disgust I deleted them all apart from one I couldn't. I'm assuming the partition that had the information with my key on, I actually got rid of and the fact that when I tried to
    install W10 from disc the first time it was looking in the wrong place for the key.

Now it doesn't matter which way I try to install W10, I cannot get it to verify anymore.

The million dollar question:

Have I shot myself in the foot? And will I now have to pay for W10?

Pageygeeza, Feb 4, 2021
  3. BSOD with fresh W10 install?

Ok so I got fed up with this and just tried to re install W10 (2nd time) and got more BSODs when all I had installed was

W10

GPU drivers

MOBO audio drivers

google toolbar

steam

1 game

THATS ALL! In 10 years of building PCs and installing OS's I have never had such a problem with installation. Typically its installed and done, but with W10 every single time I install it fresh, there is a BSOD.

JoshWaters, Feb 4, 2021
  4. BobWooden Win User

Cannot activate W10 after fresh install

Went to Microsoft website and downloaded the ISO image of W10. I have a Lenovo D20 that I have performed a fresh OS install onto a new ssd hard drive. Wanted to make sure W10 ran okay on hardware. After comfortable that W10 was running okay (no device
    manager complaints, etc.) went to Microsoft store and bought new W10 license. I keep getting a 0xc004f050 error code. Why?

BobWooden, Feb 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Applications can't make downloads since fresh W10 install - Similar Threads - Applications can't downloads

2. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  3. Can't install or download exe application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install or download exe application: like this error is showing after I made some changes in registry https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-or-download-exe-application/fada6e4f-71e3-4b67-b010-34cd7e67b926
  4. Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Applications can't make download since fresh W10 install: Hello, I've recently made a fresh windows install, and since then I've been having issues with downloads. I can't donwload anything with either Firefox and Edge, Chrome can make downloads but they randomly stop and I have to manually resume them. Most applications can't...
  5. Can't Download Application

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Download Application: I've tried to download an app from na.op.gg, and I know for sure 100% that it doesn't have a virus, but when I try to download it, the built in anti-malware(not one I downloaded, but the one that comes with the base windows 10) stops and overrides the download, without giving...
  6. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  7. Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh W10 Install on D: Drive?: so i have windows 10 installed on my c: drive but it has become unstable, even a reset and countless other "tricks" didn't fix the issues, so i've decided to just go ahead and do a clean install... as mentioned, it's installed on my c: drive but this time around i would like...
  8. Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer

Can't do fresh install of W10, no UI after booting into installer: The slightly longer version: I've tried both the in-Windows path and a USB key with Windows 10, and both times I boot into the installer application, but there's just a black screen. The monitor is on, actively displaying black (no power-save mode), but there's nothing...
  9. Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?

Fresh install of W10 on a tablet - W10 thinks its a desktop?!?: Tried the XDA forums and got no where so though someone here might assist? I bought a cheapy tablet called a Ployer MOMO8W, it had W10 working on it all OK but I had to perform a fresh install as the last W10 update wouldn't boot anymore. I used the bios to load from USB a...
  10. Problems since W10 Install

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems since W10 Install: Since the W10 upgrade I have experienced problems. Firstly in any browser I am unable to use Ctrl c, Ctrl v or any other command that starts with Ctrl. When I press Ctrl the browser immediately zooms to maximum size and I am unable to reduce the magnification at all....