Windows 10: Applications Close Right After Opening

Discus and support Applications Close Right After Opening in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When ever I open certain programs they close immediately after opening or shortly there after. When I run Google Chrome it opens and within the next 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ADavis1, May 4, 2020.

1. ADavis1 Win User

Applications Close Right After Opening

When ever I open certain programs they close immediately after opening or shortly there after. When I run Google Chrome it opens and within the next 10 seconds closes. I open command prompt and it does the same thing. Same thing when I try to run minecraft. On Day 1 I couldn't open Minecraft. Google Chrome worked on day 1 but on day 2 and after it stopped working. Command Prompt worked on day 2 but on day 3 it stops working. This is only on my user profile that these applications do not work. On other users and the Admin user the applications all work.

This isn't the first time this has happened. It happened on another user and we had to create them a new user. I want to try and find out what the problem is so that we don't have to keep on creating new users.

:)

ADavis1, May 4, 2020
  2. chadwick0 Win User

Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, May 4, 2020
  3. Closed Applications in N81 still appears in the Open Apps List

Hi everybody,

Although the Music Player and the phone Standby

mood is off,their icons still appearing on the

Open Application List,accessible via pressing

and holding the Menu key.

I tried to close these applications by selecting

them ,one after one,and then pressing the C key but,

without any success as they kept appearing in the

Open Applications List.

Does anybody know how same can be deleted from the

Open Applications List,bearing in mind that thsee application is off.

Thanks for your comments.

Fattan

fattan---01, May 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Applications not opening at same location and in same size after reopening

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it could be when the computer doesn’t work properly. However, we will need some information from you:

• Are you facing this issue with all the applications or with specific application?

You can change the size for opening of the program as Normal Window, Maximized or Minimized. Please follow the steps mentioned below to change the settings:

• Right click on the icon of the application and click on Properties.
    • Under Run select the size of the window from the drop-down list.
    • Now, click on Apply and OK.

Ideally, the applications are opened on the same position on the screen as they were closed last time. This issue may be due to a profile corruption. Hence, in order to eliminate possibilities, I would suggest you to create a new user account, and
    check if the issue persists. Follow the steps from the article
    Create a local user or administrator account in Windows 10 to create
    a new user account.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 4, 2020
Thema:

1. Applications Close Right After Opening - Similar Threads - Applications Close Right

2. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  3. Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu randomly closes by itself right after opening: Hello,Sometimes Start menu closes by itself right after opening, within a second. It expands and then immediately collapses back so I have to click it again to open. That freaks me out and annoys a lot. It happens mainly after some period of not using Start menu. For example...
  4. Microsoft opening and then closing right away

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft opening and then closing right away: hey I need help with my Microsoft store so at first that I accidentally delete this game named Minecraft and I was trying to download as back from Microsoft store and when I try to give me an error when I try to download something else and I also gave me error so I watch some...
  5. Microsoft opening and then closing right away

Microsoft opening and then closing right away: hey I need help with my Microsoft store so at first that I accidentally delete this game named Minecraft and I was trying to download as back from Microsoft store and when I try to give me an error when I try to download something else and I also gave me error so I watch some...
  6. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  7. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  8. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. App opens then closes immediately right after.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App opens then closes immediately right after.: When I try and open my antivirus software app witch is Mcafee, it opens then closes immediantly. I just got on my computer today and this started to happen. I also havent made any recent changes to my computer. I also checked if other applications where doing this and luckily...
  10. Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows settings application closes after opening it automatically: when I try to open settings app it crashes. I also try windows key +i, when I use right-click on the desktop and chose Display setting or Personalize I get this error[ATTACH] other apps like Store, Mail, Photo, Stick Notes works fine. I try this solution but did not work...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 app opens then closes immediately