Windows 10: applications closing when i open up games

Discus and support applications closing when i open up games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When ever I open up a game it refreshes the screen and closes apps like the xbox companion app and i have to reopen the aplication.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by TheSecretHotDog, Jan 28, 2020.

1. applications closing when i open up games

When ever I open up a game it refreshes the screen and closes apps like the xbox companion app and i have to reopen the aplication.

:)

TheSecretHotDog, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Fedell6 Win User

Games closing or not opening properly

I have several Bigfish games which I have installed on a new laptop running Windows 10. All games will close unexpectedly and repeatedly during game play, sometimes up to 4 times within 20 seconds. The icon returns to the task bar and when I click on it again it states the game was paused. This is very irritating, many are quite new games which are supposed to be windows 10 compatible. Others which are older games do not open in a full window although full screen is selected. I have had more than one online chat with Microsoft about this issue and have tried all their suggestions: uninstalling - re-installing the games, checking the compatibility troubleshooter, re-starting computer, running updates etc, and nothing has worked. Does anyone on the forum have a suggestion of what I might try as this is the only thing I do not like about this computer? *Zip

Fedell6, Jan 28, 2020
  3. chadwick0 Win User
    Windows fails to open applications

Hi,

Once I have several applications open Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 refuses to open further application. I have heavy-weight applications like Delphi and Eclipse open, but the OS has coped with this in the past.

No error messages are reported by the application I am attempting to open, and there are no messages in the event viewer. What is really strange is that once the OS gets itself into this state, it appears that the OS can't allocate enough memory to perform simple API calls. If I go into an application that is already open and try to open the file menu, or right click on the taskbar to open the context menu, nothing happens.

If I close a few applications, then the problem goes away. The Task Manager performance tab indicates that I still have ~1Gb of physical memory available.

I think this could be caused by:

- A memory module is damaged. My memory is comprised of 1x1Gb modules. When the system attempts to allocate memory in the second module, it is unable to. I think this is a bit of a long-shot because I wouldn't expect my PC to boot if a memory module was playing-up

- I've installed something that has put something malicious on my PC. The only things I've installed recently are PRGrep and WinGrep, but unfortunately I didn't make a system restore point, and windows hasn't retained those old restore points. However a full Sophos scan doesn't show-up anything.

Any suggestions on how to diagnose/fix this welcome because I'm baffled as to what is going on.

Thanks,

Frank.

chadwick0, Jan 28, 2020
  4. applications closing when i open up games

Closed Applications in N81 still appears in the Open Apps List

Hi everybody,

Although the Music Player and the phone Standby

mood is off,their icons still appearing on the

Open Application List,accessible via pressing

and holding the Menu key.

I tried to close these applications by selecting

them ,one after one,and then pressing the C key but,

without any success as they kept appearing in the

Open Applications List.

Does anybody know how same can be deleted from the

Open Applications List,bearing in mind that thsee application is off.

Thanks for your comments.

Fattan

fattan---01, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

applications closing when i open up games

1. applications closing when i open up games - Similar Threads - applications closing open

2. Random app windows open when I close a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random app windows open when I close a game: So when I play games on my laptop, be it steam or Xbox, a bunch of apps will open when I exit to desktop. Valorant, Microsoft Edge, file explorer, steelseries, and one or two others all open at once. I cannot seem to figure out how to stop it. It only happens after I exit a...
  3. Powershell Terminal Opens and Closes immidieately when opening an application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Powershell Terminal Opens and Closes immidieately when opening an application: When I Try To Open an application the windows powershell Terminal opens and closes immidieately , It does that only when trying to open an application . I am in Windows 11 version 22H2 . Please Suggest any solution for the problem....
  4. Powershell Terminal Opens and Closes immidieately when opening an application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Powershell Terminal Opens and Closes immidieately when opening an application: When I Try To Open an application the windows powershell Terminal opens and closes immidieately , It does that only when trying to open an application . I am in Windows 11 version 22H2 . Please Suggest any solution for the problem....
  5. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.: In my environment I cannot do anything until I'm connected to my company's VPN. So, there are several apps that I don't want to start until I'm connected: Outlook, OneDrive and Teams. I created a simple BAT file that I execute after I am connected. I've been using this for...
  6. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.: In my environment I cannot do anything until I'm connected to my company's VPN. So, there are several apps that I don't want to start until I'm connected: Outlook, OneDrive and Teams. I created a simple BAT file that I execute after I am connected. I've been using this for...
  7. Windows CMD opened application using START - application closes when CMD window closes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  9. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Applications Opens and Closes on opening: Microsoft Store opens and immediately closes on opening. Similar is the case with the other dependent system apps, Calculator, Alarm Clock, Groove Music, Photos, Movies & TV, Xbox Game Bar, Your Phone These apps occasionally show the white line at bottom that appears during...
  10. System Applications Opens and Closes on opening

in Windows 10 Gaming